• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why no love for East Coast sign shows?

HulkSmash

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you, but you specifically replied to someone who mentioned the Javits Center, which is in midtown Manhattan, the most expensive city in the US.

We wouldn't want you to get into a pissing match now.

So facts are facts. New York is an expensive city. But so is Vegas. I know for a fact - the price for trade centers are not the reason certain places are chosen to have these large expos.

HulkSmash

those vegas hotel pricing are way off. You can stay in a dump for those prices anywhere.
And you're comparing Trump towers apartments, to a hole in a wall.

GB2

Old Member
It's simply the times...it became too expensive for companies to participate in big shows all over the country repeatedly. Attendance didn't warrant the expense so they consolidated to a few shows annually in the most effective locations.

ChicagoGraphics

They use to have these shows in NYC about 20 years ago when it was cheap.

The ASI show will be in Chicago on July 15th-17th, it's gotten bigger from the first time it's been here plus it's at the McCormick Place now.

JERHEMI

The NBM Show in Indy is pretty lackluster nowadays in my opinion. The best show in the Midwest is the Graph Expo at McCormick Place in Chicago. The McCormick Place is absolutely massive allowing manufacturers to demonstrate all the small toys and big toys!:thumb:

depps74

AMEN, east coast represent. all those trade show companies got the scratch to have gold plated booths. time to pay back the signs shops up here that are probably a huge portion of their profits.

ChicagoGraphics

You want to goto the best of all the best of Sign Exhibitions, the one in Shanghi China in September, every manufacture you can think of all under one roof and it's massive to say the least. Will be going this year once again.

Pat Whatley

The weather is better, the people are nicer and the women are prettier in the Deep South. Would you rather go to a sign show in New Orleans & Orlando or would you prefer Green Bay and Providence?

iprint

It's all about attendance and labor costs. While there may be destinations on the East Coast that could draw the attendance of a bigger show, labor costs to put those shows on make it virtually impossible for organizations such as SGIA to host shows there. Blame the unions.