• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why these EMF Files don't retain their size?

3Dsigns

Ok, I;ve been using an Ioline plotter for the past 22 years. Got this Mimaki CG SRIII and the "Fine Cut" wizard thingy I loaded in CorelDraw only accepts EMF's. Why does the EMF not retain it's size after exporting from another program? Like, I export a file 10''x20'' from SW6.0 and it imports into Corel x8 as, say, 19x38'' or something. Is it just the nature of the files? Because I use SignWizard 6.0, Corel X8, and Aspire 7.5 and EPS files retain their size between all three. Can this be resolved? Thanks :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Ok, I;ve been using an Ioline plotter for the past 22 years. Got this Mimaki CG SRIII and the "Fine Cut" wizard thingy I loaded in CorelDraw only accepts EMF's. Why does the EMF not retain it's size after exporting from another program? Like, I export a file 10''x20'' from SW6.0 and it imports into Corel x8 as, say, 19x38'' or something. Is it just the nature of the files? Because I use SignWizard 6.0, Corel X8, and Aspire 7.5 and EPS files retain their size between all three. Can this be resolved? Thanks :)

I have been using Mimaki FineCut for about 10 years and I have no idea what a EMF file is. Is that a Corel thing? Normally you don't even need to save a file to cut from it. It should just cut straight from Corel without saving a file.

aGrainofSalt

Only 4 years here for FineCut, but I haven't heard of using the EMF either. (Enhanced MetaFile) I cut directly from AI, I was told it works the same from Corel.