Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Oracal 3621 work for me?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by bigkahuna_305, Nov 21, 2019.

1. bigkahuna_305

bigkahuna_305 New Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Georgia
    hey all i have a customer who wants some 2.5" rounds to put on to go boxes. will this material be ok to use or should i use the permanent adhesive one?

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    What are the boxes made out of?

3. bigkahuna_305

bigkahuna_305 New Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Georgia
    its to go boxes for a lunch place

4. bigkahuna_305

bigkahuna_305 New Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Georgia
    maybe styrafoam

5. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

You should have your sales rep send a sample to test if you don't have any of that material laying around already. That's the only way to really know, as styrofoam may fall under the category of low surface energy plastics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mike the Laminator

Mike the Laminator New Member

Apr 8, 2020
    Ontario, Canada
    I am new to vinyl cutting and printing on vinyl but I have worked in the printing industry before and I don't really understand why anyone would go this route. I would recommend you farm the job out to someone who makes standard stickers/labels from the offset printing industry as you are going to be spending more on input costs for this job than the finished product would cost from that sector. That is just my gut feeling, though, because I obviously don't know the availability of things in your area, and how much competition keeps offset printing high or low in cost compared to this. That may be a factor for you as well. Just my two cents worth is all. Work smarter not harder when possible, right? I also haven't seen what the customer is expecting the finished piece to look like. If they have a sample and say "I want it exqactly like this", thenyeah, sometimes you just go with "the customer is always right" and don't ask questions.

7. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    I'll offer a shorter answer. Yes. It's a disposable decal.