• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will the chaos ever end?

ams

Already super busy and have two monument signs and a pylon sign in the works with permitting, manufacturing and installing. Now a sign company called today wanting a quote to manufacture and install two monument signs that are fancy, very very customized. But he said he has the have the quote within two days (This Friday).

Don't think it's going to happen, being such a customized monument with fancy architectural, it's going to take some time. I understand customers not wanting to wait, but a sign company should know how this works... The design is beautiful, but ugh!

Jean Shimp

I hear that - we are really busy also and keep getting more jobs to bid with little time to bid. I've turned away a couple of jobs - where were they last year when we were walking around with our thumbs up our...;)

Bigdawg

Just Me
Same here - we have a quote in-house we are working on that requires masonry, lighted elements, metal-cut lettering, 2 types of stone and site survey. We told them the quote was at least 2 weeks out and they think that is unreasonable. We are super busy these days.

fresh

$150,000 (or whatever insane number you know will cover your butt). Or you can give me the time it takes to actually write up an accurate quote.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Not to mention that many material costs and availability are fluctuating on a weekly basis thanks to the global trade war the business genius started.

At Least Gemini is Standing Firm, lol.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Currently managing 5 monuments myself, along with a few sets of channel letters... all in various stages. When it gets real fun is when you have 2 or 3 clear permits at the same time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hurricane Harvey had the single most impact on fluctuating costs on many materials in our trade..... and other industries, more so than the tariff wars.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hurricane Harvey had the single most impact on fluctuating costs on many materials in our trade..... and other industries, more so than the tariff wars.

I didn't notice anything like that... other then they kept talking about used car prices were inflated because supply was low. Dealerships round here were getting all their inventory bought out to send to Houston. Of course, when I trade my Tahoe in, none of that applies. "Yea, that truck you want is in short supply, and that Tahoe is not." Really? that's what they said when I bought the Tahoe last year.

TimToad

I didn't notice anything like that... other then they kept talking about used car prices were inflated because supply was low. Dealerships round here were getting all their inventory bought out to send to Houston. Of course, when I trade my Tahoe in, none of that applies. "Yea, that truck you want is in short supply, and that Tahoe is not." Really? that's what they said when I bought the Tahoe last year.

Didn't somebody just post the letter from one of their suppliers warning of tariff related price increases? We got a similar email from two of our primary suppliers in the last two weeks.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Didn't somebody just post the letter from one of their suppliers warning of tariff related price increases? We got a similar email from two of our primary suppliers in the last two weeks.

I was referring to not noticing price increases from Harvey. I HAVE notices increases because of tariffs.

Andy D

Not to mention that many material costs and availability are fluctuating on a weekly basis thanks to the global trade war the business genius started.
If any of your customers are large manufacturers, pass the all of the costs on to them and let them know it's "trickle up" economic costs.:)

TimToad

I was referring to not noticing price increases from Harvey. I HAVE notices increases because of tariffs.

Sorry, I was channelling my answer to the member who stated that Harvey is responsible through you. Denial of facts is a common malady running through supporters of the Supreme Creamsicle Genius. Next thing we know, it will Obama's fault the deficit rose $1 TRILLION this year because of his tax cuts to the wealthy.

Johnny Best

And maybe we are all busy because of the "Business, Supreme Creamsicle genius" who got it all going after the last Moron we had in there.
No response needed from the Granola Bar eating Pinhead in CA.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, I was channelling my answer to the member who stated that Harvey is responsible through you. Denial of facts is a common malady running through supporters of the Supreme Creamsicle Genius. Next thing we know, it will Obama's fault the deficit rose $1 TRILLION this year because of his tax cuts to the wealthy.

One thing you might wanna consider. You ain't always right, just because you use some dumb adjectives to cover up your dumb comebacks.

All I got to say is..... you ALONE, have managed to railroad yet another thread with your pathetic politics. Look it up mr know-it-all and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. However, you won't find that to your liking, as it's the truth and not a convenient excuse.

DerbyCitySignGuy

And maybe we are all busy because of the "Business, Supreme Creamsicle genius" who got it all going after the last Moron we had in there.
No response needed from the Granola Bar eating Pinhead in CA.

I'm sure the same people defending him now will be belly aching a couple years from now when trickle down economics tanks the economy AGAIN.

Andy D

I'm sure the same people defending him now will be belly aching a couple years from now when trickle down economics tanks the economy AGAIN.

Everyone hold hands and sing along
"Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya"

Derbycity signguy, next chorus is yours!