• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Will this affect the wall wrapping industry?

MikePro

almost $100/gallon. kudos, SW.
next up ....every damn architect with the idea to spec. this paint into EVERYTHING, including signs.

Andy D

I think they should just pay us to cover their whole wall with double sided banner tape,
that way, it's just like a huge "fly trap" but for virus and bacteria instead..:thumb:

Marlene

. :ROFLMAO:

.mm

not too sure why that's funny as the places they will use this stuff are the same places that have ADA signs. additives in paint are becoming a problem for double sided tape appilcations

Gino

Premium Subscriber
not too sure why that's funny as the places they will use this stuff are the same places that have ADA signs. additives in paint are becoming a problem for double sided tape appilcations

That's exactly why it's funny. Anything anyone does to improve things, always seems to impact on our industry.

Hey Charlie, let's make these trucks more appealing, let's not have any level lines on them whatsoever. Everything should bow and go on angles. Okay. While we're at it, can we put all kinds of indentations on them, too ??
Hey Bill...... I think we should make this canvas awning material resistant to everything from bird poop to paint.
Hey Carly, why don't we take all the crap in paint, that makes it paint out and just be done with it ?? Too many people eating the paint chips. Let's make it palatable. Well George, they have vinyl now, so let them use that instead.
Yo..... Sid, if we substitute all these repellent additives in the paint and add some medicine, we can sell it to schools and hospitals and tell them it will make people well.

Yep, that's the ticket.

Andy D

Haven't medical researchers been say that because of over prescribing antibiotics and over use of antibacterial
soaps and cleaners that we're creating super bacteria?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Haven't medical researchers been say that because of over prescribing antibiotics and over use of antibacterial
soaps and cleaners that we're creating super bacteria?

We're sign people, not frickin' signtists. :snarky

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Actually, news is about the only I might watch, but when it comes to the pharmaceutical industry or someone doing something for my betterment..... I cringe.

Think about it......... you're bound to come out of the hospital with more problems than what you went in for....... as far as their cleanliness. Now, you think PAINT is gonna protect you ?? :rolleyes:

It's all propaganda and like mentioned, just another selling point. Yep, mothers and fathers are gonna flock to the paint store to paint little Suzie's bedroom with expensive paint. It will be the paint of choice when painting places where people gather. Why don't we just take a shot of the paint instead of a flu shot ??

I just don't know how anyone survived all these centuries until we invented all these preventive medicines and cures........ in the paint, yet. Who'd a thunk ?? They used to say a magic pill or an apple a day. Now, it's in the paint. :munchie:

TimToad

Over 100,000 of our fellow Americans die every year in hospitals not due to their initial condition, but from these types of infections they acquire AT the hospital. Between visitors, patients, delivery personnel and staff with dirty hands, pre-existing infections, etc. to unsanitary conditions at the hospital itself, this is a major breakthrough for at least slowing the cross infection epidemic.

Forgive me for placing a higher priority on supporting a way to possibly lower that number over whether or not really smart and inventive folks like us can figure out how to get ADA signs to stick or if our wall mural business takes a little hit.

I'm positive we'll all figure out the proper adhesive to use once this product goes into wide use and knowing the profit gouging health care industry, only the most conscientious hospitals and facilities will authorize spending triple the cost of standard paint.

Snydo

probably causes cancer...:rolleyes:

Thank You rj......that was the biggest smile of the day for me.

partially on subject though...

A couple of year ago we had a manufacturing customer call and say that decals were falling off their machines overnight. These were high-tac cast premium decals, a 200lb. pressure washer couldn't get them off normally. Our reply was to have them call engineering and their paint supplier(Sherwin-Williams) to see if any formulations had changed, they had, the culprit was a carnauba wax additive to the clear coat.

Andy D

Actually, news is about the only I might watch, but when it comes to the pharmaceutical industry or someone doing something for my betterment..... I cringe.

Think about it......... you're bound to come out of the hospital with more problems than what you went in for....... as far as their cleanliness. Now, you think PAINT is gonna protect you ?? :rolleyes:

You're preaching to the choir there, my FB friends are sick of me getting on my soap box about statins, and other drugs f-ing our health care system.