Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window graphic options

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by petepaz, Jul 12, 2012.

1. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    customer has large window graphic they want, 3 parts 48" x120"
    they wanted static cling, which i can do but i am trying to talk them out of it because i think that it will be a horrible install and that big i don't think they will get the best results. the customer is going to do the install on this. they don't want vinyl because they are worried about removal. i am working a price for them with 8mil poly (no adhesive) with the adhesive dots(i forgot what it is called) i have used this before and it's removable and reusable. it does raise the price quite a bit but i think this is the best way to go. i wanted to see if anyone here had any other ideas for temporary window graphics

thanks

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    What about adhesive fabric? Easy to remove and install also

3. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    BusMark on the outside of the glass? I'm assuming it is to be viewed by passing traffic. If it for their viewing pleasure use WallNoodle.

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i will check out those options but the one concern they have is if they put it on the outside they are afraid of people pulling it off (i don't think in my life i have ever seen anyone atempt to pull off a 4ft x 10ft graphic but people do strange things)

5. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Why not paper signs?

6. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Have you seen the poster perf or poster vue (think thats one name) by clear focus. Same as window perf but has no adheasive. Still black on the non printed side. If you are using the dot stick ups then you would do the same on this stuff. Stick on the inside of the window and you can still see through.

7. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    Just noticed Big Fish has this perf.

8. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Yes sir I also have a non adhesive perf that's a lot more aggressive in cost then clear focus.

9. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    I use Avery transit vinyl .... installs easy and removes easy even years latter no glue left

I use for my window splash .. hand letter it at shop go and install on site, cut off unwanted white.

I use other brands also that work well but have to install vinyl then letter with those.

10. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Might add that some training for install is needed to make it easy.

Also static does not hold well within a month is does start to curl. tried that with window splash on a regular customer .. demanded a switch back to white vinyl I normally used.