• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window painting clown

this guy is literally a portland celebrity...and I would even say a national celebrity in the counterculture artworld not to mention the artcar culture (those cars you see that are literally rolling sculpture).

his art style is not "traditional" and he is anything but just a window painter, he is much more recognized for his fine art and although his style of art is not something i am interested in the talent and skill involved is undeniable, this guy puts his soul into his work and it shows. his style is definitely his own and without a doubt he has the skills that pay the bills. dont be fooled.

Extremo

Mybe there is another clown...like I said google "extremo the clown" that's me. Do you know the other dudes name? where did you see him, I didn't know there was another clown in the business.

Extremo

I do alright, today I made $500. with a half gallon of house paint and three gallons of gasoline, yesterday I made $375. Tommorrow I will only make $250. but my overhead is very low. I have made as little as $100 in a day and as much as $2500. in a day. My average is about $250-$300. a day but during the holidays it goes up to 350-400 a day.

Extremo

Wow! Thanks for the glowing report Dan! If we cross paths I'll giv eyou a free puppet show. ha ha ha!

Extremo

Thanks again for all the great feedback on printing directly on magnetics, I am sure all the advice will save me some big headaches in the future. I will be printing on exterior vinyl then adhering it to the magnetic sheeting, sounds like that's the standard way to go. This is a really helpful site....oh no I'm turning into Extremo again, I can hear my puppets calling me from the garage, gotta run! thanks again.

Jillbeans

Hello Scot.
Just did a window job yesterday!
I rarely get 'em but love it when I do.
There was even a huge traffic accident when I was painting, but I didn't cause it. I wasn't even wearing a clown suit. Sounds like a good gimmick!
Welcome from PA.
Love.....Jill

skunkplow

I do alright, today I made $500. with a half gallon of house paint and three gallons of gasoline, yesterday I made $375. Tommorrow I will only make $250. but my overhead is very low. I have made as little as $100 in a day and as much as $2500. in a day. My average is about $250-$300. a day but during the holidays it goes up to 350-400 a day.

If you are using Gasoline as thinner... all I can say is...

AWESOME!!!:U Rock:

lol, I know it's for your car...

Extremo

Hello Dan, Hello Skunkplow, thanks for the feedback, I should post anm image of my ride, I will have to figure out how to do that, the left side of my brain has been depleted by my right which seems to be dominating my psyche. I keep forgeting things like who Britney Spears husband is and how much is a centimeter, the good side though is I am getting more creative and accurate and good at what I do, paint windows , I freakin' love it! oh yes, Hi Jillbeans, is that your clown name? cute baby, cute!

Extremo

Okay here is one angle of my car, you cannot see the top, it goes out of frame. It is 11ft tall...a mazda 626.
fitness-2-1.jpg

having seen this car with my very own eyes I can tell you it is simply unbelievable the detail is like nothing i have ever seen...no offense Extremo I wouldnt drive it BUT I can definitely appreciate it and the time you have invested in it, if memory serves me correctly there is a working waterfall in the rear..or is that on another portland art car?

show some closeups.

Bogie

Yeah, this thread is completely useless without pictures... I used to have a bit of an "art truck." Tranny finally puked all over an intersection, and that was that tho...

Extremo, I'd suggest ordering one of Dale's Big Squeegees - 26" or 38" or so... Tape a hunka Magnum Magnetics to your table, then on top of it, tape a trimmed (well, at least the right side...) magnet image, printed on something like Oracal 3651. Then on top of that, tape your lam... Your first "squeegee motion" will laminate the image. The second will mount it to the magnet.

I then use a mat trimmer made by an outfit called imagedge to cut the magnets to size, and a regular corner rounder to do the corners. Assembly and trimming probably takes under 5 minutes per set.