• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Lamination

visual800

Heres my thoughts on laminated window perf....WHY? Hell, you might as well just put vinyl if you are going to laminate perf.

Laminating this stuff is one of the dumbest things Ive seen. The ONLY way to protect perf is to mist some urethane clear on this after it prints and then install it, if you must clear it. Yes Ive done it and yes it does protect the colors for alot longer than not clearing it.

The whole purpose of perf is to see thru it from backside. So please stop laminating it. As far as you wanting to remove liquid lamination from a window, use a damn razor blade. You are not going to hurt the window

AaronSSsignsKC

Man i still dont get this argument laminate perf with the optically clear laminate that the manufacture calls for. It will leave some streaky looking marks and show some tooling from install for a day or so but will come out after sitting in the sun. I have laminated and installed tons of perf prints with no problems. It is when people try to laminate with something like 8518 when you get problems.

neil_se

Heres my thoughts on laminated window perf....WHY? Hell, you might as well just put vinyl if you are going to laminate perf.

Laminating this stuff is one of the dumbest things Ive seen. The ONLY way to protect perf is to mist some urethane clear on this after it prints and then install it, if you must clear it. Yes Ive done it and yes it does protect the colors for alot longer than not clearing it.

The whole purpose of perf is to see thru it from backside. So please stop laminating it. As far as you wanting to remove liquid lamination from a window, use a damn razor blade. You are not going to hurt the window

You're clearly doing something wrong, why would optically clear laminate stop you seeing through from the back side?

We do a few a week and laminate all vehicles unless they're specifically for a short-term promotion. Our customers typically use them for ~3 years before upgrading vehicles, and using latex inks and Arlon 3200 laminate on Clear Focus AutoVue we don't have any longevity issues. Beats driving around with this view when it's raining, foggy or dusty.

Attachments

• 23758749524_a0586c4fa7.jpg
    23758749524_a0586c4fa7.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 280

OyvindAndersson

We have been using Orajet 3676 accompanied with the 297F laminate, which has worked perfectly for tons of customers. Result is flawless and the laminate protects the print + clears away the water better w/o the result showed in the previous post.