• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window Perf Problem

acothran

This week we sent our installers out for a window perf job. It was the first time we've used Solvex perf (70/30) and we used Clear Focus laminate. They called me during installation to say something didn't look right and I went over and saw the issue. We haven't installed a ton of window perf but I've never seen an issue like this. I'm not sure if the laminate is separating from the perf or what. Just trying to get some idea. BTW, we did outgas for 24-36 hours before laminating. Thanks for any help.

Allen

Attachments

• Perf Problem 1.jpg
    Perf Problem 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Perf Problem 2.jpg
    Perf Problem 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 85

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It could have something to do with the laminate you used. Which Clear Focus lam was used? Curvalam or Clearlam?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
That could be the reason, you should never really use a polyester lam on top of a vinyl. You should always "match the hatch" as the fisherman would say which means always use a calandered vinyl laminate when using a calandered vinyl window perf. I would give clear focus a call and see if they can help. 707-544-7990

petepaz

maybe water left in the holes from a wet install (i always do that dry)
or could be polyester lam on vinyl i had that problem years ago
the vinyl shrinks and the lam doesn't
just do a print cut and leave it over night and see the space in the cuts where it has shrunk
you have to allow for shrinkage....i just got out of the pool!!!!

TonyBPS

It looks like the surface is contaminated with some form of old adhesive or silicone related extrusion (picture on the right).

The image on the left (ripples we usually get from heat and streching of the material, 70 perf 30 printable? = very thin)

its only an observation not necessarily the reason of the problem.

mark in tx

I don't know why, but I've always had better results using the CurvaLam instead of ClearLam.

Never had any issues with perf after I switched to the Curvalam, yes, it's more expensive, but I don't have to redo things.