• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Window perf question

rdmdarr

Have a dealership that wants his windows done under the awning, but the black adhesive is too dark. Do they make window perf with either a clear or white adhesive? I have looked but haven't found any yet. Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

No that would defeat the purpose of the optical illusion. You can by non adhesive perf and add a clear adhesive layer but you will struggle to see in or out.

Techman

the black is perfect for what the stuff allows. You can see out through the perf when it has the black..

rdmdarr

the problem we are running into is, the windows are tinted and all the windows are under the awning. I have tried 50/50 as well as 70/30 perf and you can't really see out on the inside. Competition of mine threw some window perf on the inside and the customer liked it as you could see out, but he wants to use us and not them.

So I was hoping they either made some window perf that had a white adhesive or clear adhesive to let some light through the vinyl so its not too dark or my last option is to turn my saturation down and not use so much ink.

Options? thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call your competition and ask them what they used. People will generally answer your questions, just like they do on here. If not, be the good guy and explain to the customer, only your competition can do this complex job for him.

Sign Eagle

ConraVsion makes a material call back light which works like normal perforated material during the day, but it has a transparent adhesive so it allow light from the inside to pass thru so the graphic to look like back lite film at night so the image shows at night on the outside. The material was used at the London Olympic. It was shown at the Oct SGIA show.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Your competition probably used PanoFilm PanoRama 80/20 Non-Adhesive

I am guessing the exterior window film in the shadow of the awnings isn't visible because the lights inside are brighter than the lights outside. That is one of the downsides of perf. At night with the lights on you can see in but not out and the image is no longer visible.

The problem with the PanoFilm and tinted windows is that the image will look greyed/washed out.

The PanoFilm is easy to install with the perimeter tape and the tape is water based and scrapes off fairly easily.

Hope that helps.

rdmdarr

Your competition probably used PanoFilm PanoRama 80/20 Non-Adhesive

I am guessing the exterior window film in the shadow of the awnings isn't visible because the lights inside are brighter than the lights outside. That is one of the downsides of perf. At night with the lights on you can see in but not out and the image is no longer visible.

The problem with the PanoFilm and tinted windows is that the image will look greyed/washed out.

The PanoFilm is easy to install with the perimeter tape and the tape is water based and scrapes off fairly easily.

Hope that helps.

This is what the other guys used, will try to take a picture from the inside on monday. But I don't know if it was panofilm or contravision.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141203_180606.jpg
    20141203_180606.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 162