• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 10

Techman

There is discussion as to whether Win 10 will go subscription ,, or not..

Likely it will/may not go to a direct payment plan.. However, it will cost you in other ways: The advertising schema is all over the platform.

Looks to me that Windows 10 is an advertising portal. There is a specific setting for your "advertising ID" And another for "locally relevant content". And another setting to manage M$ advertising.
Look at the privacy settings area. There are several settings in there that discuss advertising.

There are multiple hooks of data tracking for M$'s online tracking system.

And be sure to turn of the key logger while in there.

And look at the Cortana and speech inking and whether you want M$ collecting your speech patterns, your calendar events, and your writing patterns.

Be aware that win 10 can log onto your wifi without a password. Imagine chester the molester sitting out from using your wifi.

Windows is pushing One Drive. Set it where you wish. Check your location settings if you want privacy. They will send you advertising, via weather reports etc. And the Mail app will demand your contacts list.

You can control which apps get access to your camera, microphone, contacts, and calendar.

And finally, be sure to check these settings after every update. Just as in other OS's the update often turns on that what you do not want.

Andy D

While I do like Windows 10, that's some scary sh*t.
Is there a program that you can setup to automatically turn
off all that crap and make sure it stays off?

Techman

right on for mobile devices..

But then who said M$ was innovative in their thought processes. After all it took an IPAD to prove that mice are useless.