• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows 7 and Flexi 7.6

wes70

First off, I only use Flexistarter as a bridge program, as I design everything in Corel. I plan on purchasing a new 64bit computer as soon as Windows 7 is available. Will I be able to use my old 7.6 version with the new system?

genericname

From my understanding, 64bit support was added for WinXP in Flexi 7.7. It should communicate in the same way with 7 as it does with XP, but you're still one revision off. Also, this compatibility only applies if you have a USB hardware key, and not the old parallel.

I gave Windows 7 a shot about a month ago, and the hardware key was the only stumbling block I hit.

Last edited:

Steve Rife

Theoretically, the 7 version of the software will be supported under Windows 7 due to the XP emulation the OS will utilize. However, SA International will only fully test 8.6v2 with this system, so, any problems that may occur with the program will not get any technical support.

If 7.6v2 works under 64bit, I apologize that I don't recall when it was introduced.

javila

7.6 won't work on 64 bit windows. Once of the sub programs that flexi uses is 16 bit and 16 bit support has been dropped from 64 bit.