• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

windows 7 driver error

chopper

Hi, I am building a new computer for my sign biz and I am running int an issue with windows 7, I have a sp300v, when I go to load the drivers for the versacamm I get an error :
The Roland SP300V print driver cannot be added because driver module is in use,
I have shut off almost everything and no success, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and could point me in the right direction, I have aslo reloaded the software 3 times, reloaded windows twice...
thanks,
chopper

ProWraps

call roland. chances are they have a fix. wish i could help, but all issue i have run into with win7 have been solved by the third party software manufacturers.

ProWraps

tech, im very interested in the "compatability mode". would you mind posting a new thread about it? i think it would be very helpful to many on this site including myself.

ive heard about it, but dont know anything about it nor how to run it or where its located.

Techman

right click on the Setup Application usually entitled Setup.exe or whatever you are doing to install the driver, click properties, click Compatibility tab, enable Compatibility Mode..

$50 bux please...

ProWraps

heh. if i didnt feel so stupid about it being that easy!!

but still, i think you should post a thread that should be stickied about compatability mode in the appropriate forum. i think it would help a great many.

thanks for the heads up. i will try it from here on out!

chopper

tried the compatibility mode, no luck..........
as far as the manual method I do not know what you mean...sorry
chopper

chopper

our version on Roland Versaworks wasn't compatible with Win7
I am not using versa works, but thanks for the reply....checked Rolands web site says it is compatible with 7,
I left them a message earlier today, havent heard back yet..
Thanks,chopper