• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windshield Curve

artists_touch

Hello All,

I'm still pretty new to the sign making arena and have a question. Is there a particular formula or radius that can be used for windshield lettering that compensates for the curve in the windshield? I've done several trucks for our business and also some customer trucks as well. I've played around with cutting the words apart and fiddling with them to fit the curve, also have arced the text a bit, but the lettering always seems distorted. Any advice?

Thanks!
Pam

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
every windshield has a different radius. your best bet is to lay down a half inch stripethe lengh of the shield and measure your new custom curve you just created. Then, do the opposite of that in your graphics progam....

the graphics co

run a tape measure across the windshield corner to corner with the top edge aligned to the top of the corners of the windshield and then measure the distance from the top edge of the tape to the top dead center of the windshield. From there you can make an arch based on your measurements in flexi or illy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from way down the other side of the state..............................

d fleming

Place measuring tape from a to b. Next measure distance with ruler from c to d, this is your arc. Bend text to match arc in cutting software.

Attachments

• windshiels.jpg
    windshiels.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 169