• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wing restaurant logo

Pat Whatley

Local very small restaurant is changing it's focus from hot dogs to wings. She's by no means a sports bar, place only seats about 25 people, she's only open for lunch, and a majority of her clientele will come from the large office building across the street.

She wants a pile of chicken wings on a plate with actual wings as her logo (or main sign design, that's the only place it will get used) I really don't want to do it and I want to give her a better option.

Is this too plain for what she's doing?

Patentagosse

I like it that way. Customers always want too much things appearing on their signs... that is clean, easy to read from blocks away. Other than using real picture, sometime drawings (cliparts) get more distractive than efficient...

My 0.02¢

Garbus

I like version 2 better too.. but shouldn't the outline go on top of the banner, when the letter does?

Dave Drane

I think version 1 does the trick. very clean and legible like a sign should be. hits you in the face and reads easy. Doesn't need to be pretty, Colour choice is much better with more contrast.

Jillbeans

I prefer version one but with yellow subcopy.
I don't like the ribbon at all.
(I love "ketchup and mustard" colors for food signs)
Love...Jill

neato

Hey Pat. It's a nice layout. But why not add some wings to it?

This is rough, but an idea...

Attachments

• wings.gif
    wings.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 94

SignManiac

I've decided to simplify all of my responses from now on. Less is more is my new design and life philosophy from here on in!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I still like #1 best.

Not too fond of the square background or the colors of #2..... and the 3rd one looks like a leg that died and is going to heaven. I think the person eating the wing should BE in heaven after eating her wings. I also like neato's approach.