• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wise Guy, eh?!

dbmophead

I always love when customers "hang out and watch" when installing graphics on their vehicles and it seems like everyone of them cant help but to ask the question "How do you get the other side in the same spot as this side?"

i just casually reply "You can only see one side at a time...."

John Butto

freehand

Remember pouncing a paper pattern on the back of window goldleaf and a guy tells me he has a friend who can do that freehand and I responded that my hand gets paid for the work and is not free.

mrchips

Try doling a fair with 150,000 in attendance......believe me, you get em ALL!

Most of the above listed comments are statements. i.e. Spelled wrong....that's crooked etc.

Simple , I don't answer statements....I make like they aren't even there. They get real uncomfortable real, quick once they realize that I just let them make an a$$ of themselves.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

mollygrubber

I just started cutting vinyl so I haven't had any comments except "You do it out of your house so it should be half that price".

I thought I'd share a story from about 30 years ago: I worked in a store that had some unfinished furniture. I'm holding a ladder for the boss when a lady comes in holding a piece of wood. She asked "Do you have wooden legs" to which my boss without enven skipping a beat or looking at her said, "No, but I have styrofoam balls", I lost it.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Remember pouncing a paper pattern on the back of window goldleaf and a guy tells me he has a friend who can do that freehand and I responded that my hand gets paid for the work and is not free.

Back it the days of One Shot and quills I was asked numerous times "Do you do that free hand?" to which I always replied "No, I use a brush."

jasonx

I always love when customers "hang out and watch" when installing graphics on their vehicles and it seems like everyone of them cant help but to ask the question "How do you get the other side in the same spot as this side?"

i just casually reply "You can only see one side at a time...."

We cut the vehicle in half and use the other side as a reference then we weld the vehicle back together and cover the welds with vinyl. you'll never be able to tell.

I have some friends stop by the shop while i'm working..

They ask... Hey what are you up too?? I always say "I'm getting a haircut"

Stealth Ryder

Many years ago, I was doing a bunch of signs for this restaurant establishment. I called them and told them the signs were finished.

Two guys showed up to pay for the signs and put them into their truck.

Well, the driver got out and he must've been over 7' tall. [He later told me 7'2"]

Naturally I said.... do you play a lot of basketball ??

He said, nope, do you play a lot of miniature golf ?? And I lost it............... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now that is funny.... Thanks!!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

This wasn't a comment, but was more annoying than one. I remember years ago I was hand lettering several plate glass windows across a storefront. A dump truck driver sped past and laid hard on his airhorn and scared the crap out of me as he was in the lane right next to the sidewalk. I spun around, after making a huge mistake in a stroke, to see him laughing his ass off. Turns out, he was making several trips that day to a construction site up the road. There was lots of traffic on the road, so I never heard him coming. He nailed me several times that day. He was having a blast but I literally wanted to go for his throat by the time it was all over.