• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wont be going to this spot anymore.

jtinker

Owner
So we had a pretty large job to almost 500 banners do and I decided to throw it to one of the merchant members on the site. The color spot and things were going great until we get on the phone with the manager or owner I believe it was and he is explaining to us how he cannot accept our money. Which confused me, we have or had deadlines and none of this information was given to us until we decided to go ahead with the job wait a weekend and two days then come to find out; they do not accept international money. Which is a policy that I can understand I guess. But why keep us dangling for a days when you know that this isn't something that you do?

I mean I have never tried so hard to give money to someone in my life.
Do you accept credit cards? No
Do you accept paypal? No
Do you accept Checks? No
Do you accept wire transfers? No

And to find out later that he wont do business with us is because he got stiffed by someone before? This made me especially angry because 1. We transferred cash funds to accounts at a cost to us in preparation to the transaction and here I think its like a 1:1 ratio of payment to conversion for the card that we were using.

So you wont take my money because you got stiffed,
You being in the business knowing how sensitive deadlines are decided to wait until 5 days later to tell us this
You apparently don't want to do business with us because we are not american

They were acting like we were nigerian princes trying to get them to invest in gold bonds or something. We offered to give you cold hard cash and even a wire transfer. If it was a matter of just getting stiffed these methods would have been okay, but its clear that they just didn't want to do business with us for one reason or another. Now were out a considerable amount of time and the process that lead to the preparation of the transfer has cut into our bottom line. So Color spot, this is my not so shout out to you. You seriously need to revise your policies or have this information ready for when international customers come knocking.

Techman

Over the years we all received potential orders for 500 banners that all were scams. Unfortunately your attempt to get an order likely sounded identical to the scams even though yours is legitimate..

It may take a little advance notice and a little work to get established with a merchant here to take such large orders.

I've been to Nassau and saw a few sign shops there. Maybe one of those would work with you on large orders.

Is that your baby in your Avatar?

Typestries

We'd happily knock out your trade job. Of course we'd verify you're legit and all, but by all means, we'll take money anyway we can get it.

Now, if it's a "feed the orphans" or it's for "reverend smith in africa" that might be a different story.

Good luck and if you need a hand give a shout.

jtinker

Owner
Over the years we all received potential orders for 500 banners that all were scams. Unfortunately your attempt to get an order likely sounded identical to the scams even though yours is legitimate..

It may take a little advance notice and a little work to get established with a merchant here to take such large orders.

I've been to Nassau and saw a few sign shops there. Maybe one of those would work with you on large orders.

Is that your baby in your Avatar?

Yeah its my son in the avatar. Thats his Evil Laugh! hes just figuring out he has hands and uses them to grab on to everything in a 1ft radius including hair, skin face and other hands.
Theres only one other sign company besides us that can handle the size / volume of the job but we kind of took the contract from them so asking them is out lol.

We'd happily knock out your trade job. Of course we'd verify you're legit and all, but by all means, we'll take money anyway we can get it.

Now, if it's a "feed the orphans" or it's for "reverend smith in africa" that might be a different story.

Good luck and if you need a hand give a shout.

Called you guys, rep sending quote for first batch atm. :)

They should have performed due diligence during the initial contact and determined where they were being shipped/billed to. At this point, knowing they had no intention of doing the job due to their "policy" they should have informed you so you could move on and not waste time.

I would happily to do this job for you although I'm not a MM (yet) and I would imagine shipping from Canada to Bahamas wouldn't be cheap....

I'd say the supplier didn't handle that well at all, and I'm not trying to talk trash just stating the obvious since they let you down after wasting your time.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Yeah me too, seemed like i was being treated like a thief after I wasted my time and money preparing to do business. Just made me sick

Billct2

Oh...now I kinda get it...they actually thought you were one of those banner scams and were just playing it out?
Did you mention you got their contact info through this site & you were a member?

squishpot

I can see their hesitancy, we're based in Western Australia and even all the way over in this little corner of the globe we still got stung with that scam. :Oops:

We'd bought the banner for it and all... wasn't until the bank rang us after a couple failed 'payment attempts' and told us to hold our horses that we were told this scam happens a lot.

I'm actually curious, how would you verify a legitimate order?