• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Woo-Hoo Good Arlo Update!!

Bigdawg

Just Me
ANNOUNCEMENT, ANNOUNCEMENT, ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I have decided upon a release date for Dave. Who knew I got to call the shots? He will be coming home on the evening of Dec. 17. Then I'll have two weeks at home with him before I go back to work. He COULD HAVE come home much sooner, except for the dumbass (yeah I said it) doctors who wouldn't start getting him off his gazillion IV meds.

So excited for Dave and his family!

Bigdawg

Just Me
His wife also asked if we could send cards or notes. Still very rough on him and even knowing he's coming home in a month, it's still hard. Let's show him we're thinking of him and send him some humorous cards to cheer him up...

Regency Hospital
Dave K.
Room 119B
6801 Oakmont Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76132

GypsyGraphics

aaah... it's so good to finally hear some good news on Arlo!
something to add to the long list of things to be thankful for tomorrow!

Si Allen

Good to hear that!

He is lucky ... unlike this poor woman:

Minor Procedure Turns Into Double Amputation For NYC Woman

MINEOLA, N.Y. (CBS 2/1010 WINS) — A simple surgery has turned into a living nightmare for a Brooklyn mom.
She was supposed to be in and out of the hospital on the same day. Instead, both her legs had to be amputated because of an alleged medical mishap and now she wants justice.
“It’s hard. Knowing before this happened, I was normal. I didn’t have anything — but, now, I won’t be able to walk unless I have prostheses,” Stacy Galette told CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

Galette went to Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola one year ago for what she said was supposed to be a minor gynecological procedure. However, something went wrong and both of her legs were amputated.

Mother and 10-year-old daughter are still close, in spite of everything. Galette claims that during surgery at Winthrop Hospital, her intestine was punctured, which ultimately led to gangrene and the amputation of both legs below the knees. On Thursday she and her lawyer filed suit against the hospital.

“It’s horrifying. She will have to use prostheses for the rest of her life, for a double below the knee amputation — because of medical malpractice!” attorney Sanford Rubinstein said.
Over the phone, a spokesman for the hospital told Guzman: “As a matter of policy, we don’t comment on pending litigation.”
Dr. Tracey Zivin-Tutela, from St Luke’s Hospital’s infectious disease unit explained what might prompt an emergency amputation.

“In a routine operation something would have gone wrong to cause a blood infection. A blood infection can cause an inflammatory response and cause damage to any organ,” Zivin-Tutela said.

Jillbeans

Now there's something to be thankful for!
What I need is Arlo's home address, if anyone would be so kind to PM me.
I have something for him that I can't send to the hospital.
Love.....Jill