Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood signage

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Pideas, Apr 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I like that green on the black. Kinda neat.

2. China signage Maker

China signage Maker New Member

Apr 17, 2019
    guangdong
    Where i can see ?

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

4. Sandman

Sandman Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Crystal Falls, MI
    I'm going to disagree with everyone that said ACM is not strong enough. by itself. I installed a double sided sign where the upper part was 2 sheets to make an 8' x 8' panel then a 2 foot gap with a 5' x 14' bottom panel. I installed wooden stringers onto steel wide flange beams 30 feet tall. I fastened the panels with good sized pan head screws around the perimeter and also had a few cross wise stringers. The sign took a direct hit from an F1 to F2 tornado which ripped the roof off their steel building and twisted the steel poles a bit, but all the panels stayed intact.

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    but you didn't use 3mm ACM by itself which is what they are referring to, you had stringers, as others recommended.

6. Sandman

Sandman Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Crystal Falls, MI
    Who wouldn't use stringers with ACM? To me that's a no brainer. Heck, as lousy as MDO is now, I would't install any permanent MDO sign without at least a perimeter frame. That stuff can curl like a Pringle. potato chip