• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wood signage

Sandman

I'm going to disagree with everyone that said ACM is not strong enough. by itself. I installed a double sided sign where the upper part was 2 sheets to make an 8' x 8' panel then a 2 foot gap with a 5' x 14' bottom panel. I installed wooden stringers onto steel wide flange beams 30 feet tall. I fastened the panels with good sized pan head screws around the perimeter and also had a few cross wise stringers. The sign took a direct hit from an F1 to F2 tornado which ripped the roof off their steel building and twisted the steel poles a bit, but all the panels stayed intact.

Billct2

but you didn't use 3mm ACM by itself which is what they are referring to, you had stringers, as others recommended.

Sandman

Who wouldn't use stringers with ACM? To me that's a no brainer. Heck, as lousy as MDO is now, I would't install any permanent MDO sign without at least a perimeter frame. That stuff can curl like a Pringle. potato chip