• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

work table tops

cdiesel

Actually, we don't have any issues with blades dulling on the glass. We have formica table tops at our other shop, and that dulled the blades like crazy.

ADZ

Glass is too hard it wears out blades too quickly. I use acrylic sheet 4.5mm on top of MDF. You could use an old light box panel.

Arstron

We have one table that is 30"x10' with a 1/4" plate glass on top, since the other half of our business is glass, it was the most practical. Its the perfect size for weeding and masking since our plotter is 30." :)

Signguyno1

All my work tables are covered with sintra, when can no longer use, just flip over and use other side. 4'x8' fabricating bench and 16' x 42" vinyl bench.

Checkers

Old sign faces, acrylic polycarbonate, etc, are great for production tables. They can take the abuse of fabrication, etc and will last forever.
Glass is great for vinyl prep and cutting, but don't drop anything on it.

Checkers

petepaz

we have a 6ft x 8ft and a 4ft x 8ft table
both plywood covered with Formica
works good and when it get cut up too much i will recover it or get cutting mats
but we have had the larger one for about 3 years and it is in good shape
and the smaller one is about a year old and barely a scratch