• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

work table tops

all_things_art

After reading through the thread "Shop Setup" ,and seeing all the different tables ....i'm just curious what everyone used for their production table top surfaces? or what they found was the best material to use?.....I have 2 tables ,one covered in cutting mat material and the other table has alumacorr over the original wood surface.

ddubia

We have 2 ea. 4' x 8' tables covered in 1/4" plate glass and arranged end to end for a 4 x 16' table. I love it!

Pat Whatley

Currently covered in Upson Board. When (whenever) we do our remodeling project I'm going to convert our 4' x 16' table into a 4' x 16 light table with a cutting mat top.

Pro Image

I use 5x8 sheets of MDF.......With a cutting mat on one 5x8.........I have a 5x16 table......and 1 4x8 on wheels for the screenprinting........

signpro

Manager
1/4" glass on my table tops. i love it!! 3 in a row to total 4' x 24' work table!! (minus the 2x6"s at each end, so 23ft long)

however, the last table is always full of stuff for tinting, and a cutting board, and usually accumulates all of the items to be picked up, but can be used if needed. rarely get stuff over 14ft long, so we've got suffiecient space for that. we have another full 4x8 table next to it as well, doubles as the light table, drying table, and sewing table.

cdiesel

We've got a 6'x20' table with glass on top, with a banner underneath printed with 1" and 12" grids. Also, an additional 4'x8' with glass and grid that'll roll up next to the big one if needed. I'm going to post pics of our shop today or tomorrow after the cleaning crew comes in. :)

gnatt66

plexiglass one one and plywood covered with self healing mat and several ever changing layers of kraft paper. (multi use shop)

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Self healing matts. Glass drive me crazy if you have to cut on it. The tip of your exacto will curl and dull quickly.