• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

World's Best Kept Secret - Sticker Vinyl

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can tell you that we've done thousands of bumper stickers over the years on Oracal 641 without slitting the backs and never had a complaint or lost an order because of not offering it.

kanini

if you do a kiss cut in your plotter isn't that enough for an easy peel. i could see it being a problem only if you trim the sticker exact but if you kiss cut and weed the scrap there shouldn't be any problem peeling
+1 for small runs. Never had a customer ask for crack n' peel backing when the "stickers" are contour cut on a sheet. Or could you maybe cut a small stripe next to the sticker? Sort of a crack n' peel but on the frontside... =)

Ditchmiester

We use the back cut feature in Omega 4 and above and it works great. Before we use to just kisscut everything and never had any complaints.

Billct2

I can tell you that we've done thousands of bumper stickers over the years on Oracal 641 without slitting the backs and never had a complaint or lost an order because of not offering it.
Same here

h82loose

The ideal vinyl (except price) is the General Formulations Concept 223. It is a 6mil removable vinyl. The 6mil makes it easier for the end user to apply.

10sacer

If you are planning on running them through an inkjet printer - you will not be happy with standard paper company crack & peel. It doesn't have an inkjet receptive coating. It is made for offset ink or digital press toner.

Make sure whatever you use is inkjet compatable and even then that it will work with your printer/ink combo.

We just slit the front of the vinyl about a 1/2" to the left of the decal and create a front crack & peel.