• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worst digital of the month

Craig Sjoquist

Well is the worst I've seen this month, yes it's digital.
What got me the most and why I'm posting is I looked up who done this and they boasted they had 10 years experience.

2 things came to mind they had 1 year 10 times over or if this is the best you can do after 10 years, You best be fast tracking to learn or please find something easier to do without insulting sign shops.

It jog my thoughts on this when Chopper mentioned self taught sign makers / designers which by the way meaning people who really do study how to make it better and do, some just by doing alot around other good designers / makers.

Attachments

• 2nd02023.jpg
    2nd02023.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 2nd02025.jpg
    2nd02025.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 2nd02026.jpg
    2nd02026.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2nd02027.jpg
    2nd02027.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:

Craig Sjoquist

Had to also add the home spray painted one, just for kicks.

Anyway sure you can read it standing this close to the vehicle, but try to read this at 50 MPH in less then 10 seconds. ...try reading this in this case across the HWY. much less a block away or even a 1/2 block.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this, besides this looks like a kiddie ride or a clown van or not saying, it's just plain fugly

Lol went by yesterday it had a public nuisance city tagged on it, as you can see all the harm it's doing just outside the fence line on public property thinks, oh the truck dealer lot always had trucks out side the fence no problem, ..Our city beautiful does not want people trying make a buck excuse me for last comment. but free enterprise is what made America.

fmg

What is the problem with it and why does this bother you?
Craig Sjoiquist.It kind of looks like the back of your truck in your avatar a bit, don't you think!

Dan Antonelli

This whole anti-digital sentiment lately is bothersome...

What's more bothersome is the myth perpetuated on newbies by vinyl and equipment suppliers that with a digital printer, some instruction on how to install wraps or get 'certified' that you'll somehow be qualified to offer outdoor advertising strategy and execution to unsuspecting and uneducated small businesses owners who clearly don't know any better.

Pat Whatley

What's more bothersome is the myth perpetuated on newbies by vinyl and equipment suppliers that with a digital printer, some instruction on how to install wraps or get 'certified' that you'll somehow be qualified to offer outdoor advertising strategy and execution to unsuspecting and uneducated small businesses owners who clearly don't know any better.

Dan's a genius.

Mosh

Sometimes you just work to the customer's level. I used to try and try for
better layouts, but so many customers say "we gots this here designed up alridey"
I just gave up and hit print. I do tell them NOT to say where they got it made, but that does not help.

Jillbeans

It's as ugly as a hatful of @ssholes but it's still fairly legible and blessedly free of all those nasty special effects and fills.
I am not anti-digital, I am anti-ugly anything that could have been done more effectively.
And Dan A., as ever, is 100% spot-on.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

Cdiesel I'm really not anti digital there is alot of good digital prints and money making to be made with digital really wish I could afford to buy a printer and learn ... But what I am anti about it this so called sign shop claiming with 10 years behind them and produce something this fugly, the only way to read it is to be within 30 feet and stand there, they have not learned a thing in 10 years.

Anotherdog the only reason I got to look at it is because ..I run my dog past it since it's been there meaning I pass within feet of it not yards # 2 ...I show this so others can learn how not to layout and color this type of signage ad, this is how poorly it looks and one should think seriously about schooling.

Bly if a customer ask for this just like this, after pointing and showing a better layout that reads better etc. they can find another shop this is a insult to real sign shops.

Fmg yes I do have 3 colors on my avatar for my identity logo ...but if you step back you can read it even this small. must admit I'm even changing that to read even better.

We are professionals in our trade, just like going to any trade you want them to do there best, be it a lawyer, mechanic, real estate agent, whatever, yes there is a learning curve and if the only way is for you to be self taught, studying and practice and make real improvements in your craft. Because this example shows what someone has not done after 10 years and you would not hire if they were a lawyer instead would you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

That's similar to what I used to say, but its easier just to say..... they make 'perfectly made ugly signs'.

Marlene

Maybe it's exactly what the customer wanted.

have you seen other work by this company? is it the same crap as this? if not, it may have been a victim of "customer wanted it".

cdiesel

It's possible to make ugly signs with many mediums. It's also possible to make very nice, well designed, functional signs with those same mediums.

Steve C.

Sometimes you just work to the customer's level. I used to try and try for
better layouts, but so many customers say "we gots this here designed up alridey"
I just gave up and hit print. I do tell them NOT to say where they got it made, but that does not help.

:thumb: Yep. Working on one right now. I'll take the money, but you won't
see it in my portfolio. Some customers are looking for design, others not.
And you can't tell them or sell them, so why bother.