• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worst Tech Support Ever!!!

Happyprinter

Recently I have been having color issues with our Epson GS6000. Past year it has printed like a champ. We are currently running Wasatch RIP. In the past we have had to call tech support on occassion and always gone thru the same issues that I will list. Lately it will not print colors consistently. Tried everything we could think of to correct the problem. Epson even changed both heads out. Still having issues. Finally installed the Colorburst RIP that came with the unit. Problems went away. Called Wasatch in the am. Was told they would get back with us. 2 hrs later called again. Was told they would get back with us. Finally at 5 pm called and told them that we would not get off the phone until someone helped us. Finally someone in tech support picks up the phone and like usual, has no idea what the problem could be. Has to be the media was one comment. By the way it's the same exact media we've ran thru this thing for a year. Also, I left out one detail. When we called them we were told our tech support had ran out yesterday. About 6 months ago when our tech support ran out we had problems with our unit also, but after paying for another 6 months the problems miraculously went away. Coincidental??? So anyway we paid another 6 months worth today. It was 3 pm when we finally were able to pay for the support and were informed that we needed new codes to update our program. Which brings us back to 5 pm. Finally get the codes. Update the printer. Tech still has no idea what the problem could be. Informs us that it is close to 6pm so he cant help us any longer today, buy will call us back in the am. If it's going to play out like it has in the past we will end up calling them back at 10 to get a response. From their past performance, and current performance, and having been in the business for 30 yrs, and having dealt with alot of tech support, I can safely say WASATCH has the worst, undertrained, undependable tech staff I have ever dealt with!! It is NEVER THEIR PROGRAMS FAULT. As my graphics staff reminded me this afternoon. Out of all the calls we have ever made to them, this has always been their M.O., and they have never given us an answer on any questions concerning their RIP that have worked. We have always had to figure the problem out on our own. Has anyone else had problems with WASATCH or am I the only unlucky one? Thank you for letting me vent. I can probably sleep better tonight but will be frustrated again tomorrow.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

kffernandez

while i don't blame you for being so frustrated, here are some insights about your problem...

assuming no other factor has changed. your software [wasatch] should work exactly the same way since the day you got it. if ever anything goes wrong with a software, the worst case scenario fix is that you just reformat your OS and re-install wasatch. if it worked before, it will work again given that nothing has changed. your software is probably the most consistent part of your system. the things that have a higher chance of breaking down are your hardware, and other variables that affect your print.

the only time that i'd check with software support is when i encounter specific bugs, and incompatibilities.

just saying. :peace!:

kelly

bbeens

BJ-

I am sorry our initial conversation resulting in such a negative reaction. I am glad to hear that installing media configurations from www.wasatch.com is now producing output to your liking. Ultimately I think that investing in the tools required to build your own profiles or hiring a consultant who can come onsite and produce custom profiles for you is something you should look into.

Best regards,

Bryan