• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worst vehicle lettering ever!

artray

Stopped into a service station here in Atlanta and saw this vehicle. I keep a camera with me and had to snap off a shot. Shown is one of the two sides.
Does this design job qualify for some sort of award?

Attachments

• Truck Signs.jpg
    Truck Signs.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 158

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hardly 'Old School', tome, unless you went to a school for the dim-witted.

Your comment is what gets people fired up around here. It's a home-made job where some person couldn't afford to get their truck lettered and probably doesn't even have a permit or food license to do what they're doing.

The picture is funny, but no sense making fun of something you can't do yourself, let alone understand.

tomence

I am known as a guy that fires things up. Just trying to have some fun on a saturday night.
I ran out of beer so it drives me crazy little bit too lazy to go to the store to get some. :)

dwt

Am I reading this right? Gino's complaining about stirring the pot? There's the real funny picture. :]

Fitch

More is less...

Hang on... isn't the saying less is more?

I'm even confusing maself... or is that him?

Says AJ "Meat Man" but sells seafood.... what tha?????????????

At least he accepts food stamps...

Jillbeans

I'd suggest using this as a design challenge but it would be a waste of time, just like trying to point it out to The Meat Man that a professional layout would get him more business.
Sometimes these types have more money than hair, yet want to appear low-budget so that folks who don't have a lot to spend come to them.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
In spite the fun everyone seems to be having feeling vastly superior to whatever lettered this thing, if you actually look at it the thing has a kind of down home funky charm all its own. The execution doesn't appear to be done by someone with their finger dipped in paint.

I notice that this guy is commanding what, in my village, would be somewhere close to premium prices for his wares. Perhaps it's all by design. More likely than not it's exactly what it appears to be but appreciate that that probability is less than one.

Maybe it's like one of those things that if done by your nephew drooling paint on a board it's worthless but the exact same thing, splotch for splotch, done by Jackson Pollack becomes a priceless objet d'art. Or not.

surf city

That picture just cracks me up. Should be on the cover of a book called "How NOT to make signs 101" I mean come on I know advertising budgets may be low but, don't you want to "attract" business not, push it away.

Pat Whatley

I don't know, I've seen some people on here make worse design decisions, they just had plotter cut letters instead of hand lettered.

andy

All that's missing is a nice big photo of a fat, greasy cook scratching his @rse crack with one hand and buttering a burger bun with the other.

The current "design" is pretty good.... the subliminal message of "we sell food poisoning" is coming across quite strongly.... a picture would be that last finishing touch, the cherry on the cake if you will.

Craig Sjoquist

That's a classic

That's a sale if ya can just convince him that that good advertising pays

There is a moving big box truck that they are spray painting the signs on it here in town, it looks really bad, I keep putting my card in the window, sooner or later.