• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wow....how in the world?

acothran

Was at Lowes today and saw a local vending service's wrapped mini-van in the parking lot. I had seen it around town but never up close. I am new to vehicle wrapping and have only complete a handful of wraps, but I try my best to learn proper wrap techniques. I guess I don't understand why someone would put large, crooked overlap seams when there is a door/fender seam a few inches away. Just thought I would share. The pics were taken with my iPhone so they aren't great quality and I've blurred out some of the wrap text for owner anonymity.

Allen

Attachments

• Wrap-Crap-1.jpg
    Wrap-Crap-1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Wrap-Crap-2.jpg
    Wrap-Crap-2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Wrap-Crap-3.jpg
    Wrap-Crap-3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 104

Sparky

Looks terrible doesn't it?

That is how a shop saves every penny and likely loses a return customer.

I would rather throw away a bit of vinyl and deliver a seamless solution. Return customers are cheaper to keep than finding new customers.

Local blind company has a van with a seam in the middle of the drivers door going through the company logo and contact information - no it doesn't even line up. Terrible!

The only caveat that I can think of is that they might have had a smaller printer, but the seam on the door to get around the mirror/A pillar is a speed of install way , so I am guessing they have a big enough printer.

acothran

Sparky - I thought about a smaller printer but there are so many other mistakes too. This company (van owner) is a local branch of a national company so I did think that maybe they (installer) got a pre-printed wrap and had to work with what they were given. However, almost every wrap in town (only one company in town that does wraps besides us, and we are a newer company) have these same issues. One service van has a full overlap on the driver's door, about one inch from the door gap.

Rooster

There's not much you can do about it if the designer and/or printer don't leave the seams in an area that can be hidden nicely. Not all installers have the luxury of walking back into the shop and asking for a new panel. You just make the vinyl you have work.

OldPaint

somebody with more money then brains and talent.......and the market is full of these.....who think oh ill buy a printer with daddys money, and get rich doin wraps, when the only job they ever had was flippin burgers at mickey D'S!!!!!!!

Mikeifg

WOW, That does give the good shops a bad rep. I think the Installer had no Idea on how to approach the front fender and door with a mirror. Looks like a bad attempt @ cutting around it. There is soo many issues It's one to use as an example of a bad wrap for sure.

DOGraphics

somebody with more money then brains and talent.......and the market is full of these.....who think oh ill buy a printer with daddys money, and get rich doin wraps, when the only job they ever had was flippin burgers at mickey D'S!!!!!!!

Oh Pee,

... never mind

BobM

Perfect example of a butcher job. I'll bet he customer thinks that's the way they are all done.

k6media

This is what happens when people just bring their artwork into their sign software and let the software determine where all the paneling will go.

We do 100% of our paneling in photoshop. It takes a few more minutes, but we plan our paneling very strategically..