• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrap customer no show...

mark galoob

i scheduled a partial wrap for a customer today at 0900. everything was printed and ready to roll, and i scheduled my extra guy for help holding everything...

cust no call no show...we called him and he had a job he had to go on...carpet cleaning van...

job is paid for but now costs me more to bring in my extra staff...

how does everybody else handle this.

mark galoob

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I don't think there is much you can say unless you told the customer up front there would be an additional fee if the appointment is canceled and/or rescheduled for a later date.

Best thing at this point is to call and re-schedule and tell them about the cancellation fee and if they ask tell them it's to cover the additional staff needed.

petepaz

i would explain to him you had to bring additional labor in that was figured in the price and he didn't call to cancel so you should be able to charge him for the additional labor
(dr.s charge you if you don't cancel in 24 hours before, hotles charge you if you don't cancel with in a certain time) and he already paid you so you have his money to cover what you have done so far
if he is a really good customer or repeat customer maybe you eat it or tack it on to the next order

jiarby

Charge the customer for missing the office visit like a doctor does. Explain that you hire a 3rd party contractor for the day to do large vehicle graphic installations so when a customer no-shows without 24hr notice then that costs has to be passed along.

Avoid using personal pronouns.... keep it generic to avoid personalizing the issue.
"We hire" instead of "I paid a guy"
"...to do vehicle installations" instead of "to do your job"
"when a customer no shows" instead of "when you no showed"

It is less likely that the guy will feel persecuted if it sounds like how you treat everyone and if it makes logical sense.

Since he is a carpet guy... try this:
"Say I have a large commercial office building and schedule you to come do the floors... It is a big job for one guy so you hire a helper but when you show up the doors are locked and you can't do the job. You still have to pay your guy or he won't come work for you again. I call you later and say that something more important came up... how about tomorrow night? How does that make YOU feel?"

Also, puff up the extra charge... so that during the discussion you can "split the difference" but you end up getting what you wanted to begin with.

If it all goes to hell you can offer to cancel the job, and refund his money.... MINUS materials and labor spent so far.

azcolor

After years of just taking this from the customer we put into place a no-show policy. The customer is told this at the time of scheduling and we verify they read it by resending to them via email. They then must click a link to confirm their appointment and the fact that they understand. There is a charge associated with missing the appointment and their install gets moved to the back of the pack. We must have at least 24 hours notice for a change in appointment to avoid. Since this policy has been in place, we have not had one missed appointment.

ProWraps

our terms includes a cancellation charge.

you will need to eat this one, and i will assume your terms will be updated asap. this is how your terms grow. ours seems to grow every month.

Mosh

We make the customer leave the vehicle for two days. We do not even print until it is here. I know how contractors are. If they can't leave it, 100% up front and we can get to it when we can.

abcguy

abcguy

I usually have them sign a work order/contract before any job is performed (including design)...part of the work order reads: "Any modifications, additions, delays, changes, etc that customer causes will/may incur additional fees and/or extend the completion time) before the job is resumed or finished. Your signatures below authorizes us to continue as designated". I make sure they read this part especially if their vehicle is a service unit. I have never had any problems with scheduling since this.