• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrap Fail

dj_elite

Saw this today. They wrapped right over the Honda emblem!

Attachments

• honda wrap.jpg
    honda wrap.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 810

grafixemporium

Where's the fail?

+1

Epic fail in using the term fail... which, by they way, is so 2010. Every time I hear "fail" or "epic fail", I throw up in my mouth a little bit... which, by the way, is so 2009. Can we just stop using those words and phrases please?

Not the nicest design I've ever come across, but the install looks pretty clean from where I'm sitting.

cdiesel

Install actually looks pretty good around the emblem!

And it's pretty common practice to wrap over emblems on some vehicles. Many times customers don't want them removed for various reason (leased vehicles, temporary wraps, etc).

HulkSmash

We wrapped 4 of these for cartridge world. We had to wrap over the emblem as well, we were forbidden to remove them... didn't ask why..
It's pretty common believe it or not.

Mammoth Media

+1

Epic fail in using the term fail... which, by they way, is so 2010. Every time I hear "fail" or "epic fail", I throw up in my mouth a little bit... which, by the way, is so 2009. Can we just stop using those words and phrases please?

Not the nicest design I've ever come across, but the install looks pretty clean from where I'm sitting.

Ha ha , I hear someone say "Epic fail" every day:covereyes:

thewood

And while we're at it, can we add "swag" to the list?

formanek

I just finished this wrap on a Polaris snowmobile and left the emblem on as well. In this instance it sits in a recessed area (right below my logo) and when the rescue department decides to no longer use this sled it can be sold without the hole. Very common practice to leave on the factory markings.

Attachments

• sebeka.jpg
    sebeka.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 141

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Excellent work - love seeing the sides and hood matching up. Takes a bit of extra effort to make that happen and look right. :thumb:

I just finished this wrap on a Polaris snowmobile and left the emblem on as well. In this instance it sits in a recessed area (right below my logo) and when the rescue department decides to no longer use this sled it can be sold without the hole. Very common practice to leave on the factory markings.

zapblam

I've always wrapped over emblems, most customers I talk to dont want stuff taken off the vehicle. If emblems are done good its no different than a door handle, mirror or whatever.

FS-Keith

+1

+1 on all accounts

dj_elite

I use "fail", never "epic fail". Fail has been used for years, such as "dude". The internet has just ruined it. As for the emblem, maybe you can't really see it from the picture, but between the Honda "H" has been cut to lay flat. So the wrap goes on the "H" and the outer ring, then it was cut and the pieces taken out were then applied in between in the holes. Then around the entire emblem it is all bubbling up. They didn't stretch it around into the holes

petepaz

in most cases i remove it and re install over the vinyl, provided the artwork will allow but if you can install over it and you get it to look good have at it. ( i still need mor practice...haha)

megacab

I use "fail", never "epic fail". Fail has been used for years, such as "dude". The internet has just ruined it. As for the emblem, maybe you can't really see it from the picture, but between the Honda "H" has been cut to lay flat. So the wrap goes on the "H" and the outer ring, then it was cut and the pieces taken out were then applied in between in the holes. Then around the entire emblem it is all bubbling up. They didn't stretch it around into the holes

you could see all of this while sitting in your car 15+ feet away? talk about hawk eyes:notworthy: