• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraping old exposed brick wall

cdiesel

That is true. Worst one we did, we ran two six hour shifts and it took us just over two full days to complete. That was off of a scissors lift, so you have maneuvering time to account for too.

MachServTech

That is true. Worst one we did, we ran two six hour shifts and it took us just over two full days to complete. That was off of a scissors lift, so you have maneuvering time to account for too.

I hate installing like house cats hate water. If you throw one in the pool you'll find they swim like the devil, but that cat aint gonna be happy when it gets out.

GP

I foresee a nightmare. But the wall and graphic are so damn cool, I want the job.

I was tossing a turning last night thinking about registration. I would imagine paneling top to bottom would be the natural way of doing it, but it seems like the breaks would be a lot easier going horizontal.

If you were to go vertical, do you line up seams/overlap before applying heat and working into the contours? It seems like if you completed the left panel and had it conforming to the wall, lining up the next panel would be a b****. I guess this is the million dollar question.

GP

MachServTech

I did mine vertical with overlap. Lining it up was hard because of the yellow on black logo and letters, but you couldn't really tell from a foot away.

Sparky

I think registration should happen at the focal point of the art. If that is 3/4 the way up, that is where it needs to happen. I know you said the picture is done, but does the design allow for some fudge factor? That would help allot.

cdiesel

Registration is actually quite easy. Because of the low initial tack you'll see, you can peel the whole sheet and stick it loosely with your hand. Just don't let the vinyl touch itself, as it's NOT ControlTac.

IIDave

Did anything ever come of this job? I only ask because we are moving into a new space and we may be able to put some graphics up on a concrete brick wall.

boxerbay

Registration is actually quite easy. Because of the low initial tack you'll see, you can peel the whole sheet and stick it loosely with your hand. Just don't let the vinyl touch itself, as it's NOT ControlTac.

ditto - lay on your two panels softly, make sure they align, then go back a heat shrink it into the brick.

or attach your 2 panels together on the work table before putting it on the wall.

Craig Sjoquist

SO it has been Sept. since last post on progress, still confused about mounting and getting job sold in the 1st place.

Since the customer wanted retro faded, my thought on print on vinyl is negative VS/ hiring a Walldog to hand letter, paint graphic, and aged. That would have much better image.

GP .... What ever happen ? Did you sell the outstanding looking job you can do. ? sure hope it is looking awesome if done ? Have Pictures ?

boxerbay

SO it has been Sept. since last post on progress, still confused about mounting and getting job sold in the 1st place.

Since the customer wanted retro faded, my thought on print on vinyl is negative VS/ hiring a Walldog to hand letter, paint graphic, and aged. That would have much better image.

GP .... What ever happen ? Did you sell the outstanding looking job you can do. ? sure hope it is looking awesome if done ? Have Pictures ?

it all depends on the graphic. if it is something simple that can be "handled" painting is probably going to last the longest. but if they want a color portrait of someone that you take into photo shop and run a few filters on to give it a hand painted oil/acrylic painting look (of the owner of the store) then probably easier to use printed vinyl.