• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapped my laptop

Malkin

We don't usually do this sort of thing, but it was a fun project to do for myself.

Point to whomever ID's the font I used...

Attachments

• _MG_2329rc3.jpg
    _MG_2329rc3.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 155
  • _MG_2330rc3.jpg
    _MG_2330rc3.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 152
  • _MG_2333rc3.jpg
    _MG_2333rc3.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 141
  • _MG_2334rc3.jpg
    _MG_2334rc3.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 147
  • _MG_2336rc3.jpg
    _MG_2336rc3.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 170
  • _MG_2339rc3.jpg
    _MG_2339rc3.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 135
  • _MG_2345rc3.jpg
    _MG_2345rc3.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 142
  • _MG_2348rc3.jpg
    _MG_2348rc3.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 166

SuperBrady

that has to take the cake when it comes to wrapping a laptop!
Great job!
I know I would never be able to do anything like that.

cgsigns_jamie

That's amazing! ... did you scan in the keyboard to make the template?

I've thought about wrapping my MacBook Pro like that (keyboard and all) but the screen won't open far enough to sit flat on the scan bed.

Malkin

Thanks guys.

Keyboard: Took straight on photo, placed in Illustrator, scaled to actual size & locked in place as a basic guide. I then measured the keys and created my cut lines and arranged them over the photo template. Conveniently the shapes were just rectangles with radius corners, anything more complex and I would have abandoned the idea. After print/lam/cutting the keyboard pieces they were placed on individually to ensure accurate placement. This was an entire separate step from the piece that was used to wrap around the keyboard that is shown in one of the pictures.

acothran

A squeegee, an Olfa, and a Guinness....nice.

That is great work and you should be proud. The little attention to details really set it off. I have two questions:

1. What material did you use?
2. Is the touchpad/trackpad still as responsive after being wrapped?

Allen

Malkin

A squeegee, an Olfa, and a Guinness....nice.

That is great work and you should be proud. The little attention to details really set it off. I have two questions:

1. What material did you use?
2. Is the touchpad/trackpad still as responsive after being wrapped?

Allen

Heh, yeah I took some supplies home and did the install on my kitchen table. :beer

Material was 3M IJ180c v3 vinyl with 8518 gloss lam. I sort of wished that I used satin or matte instead.

I can't tell any difference with the touchpad, works just as well as it did before.

Idea Design

I'm not afraid to say that after this thread I C O M P L E T E L Y ripped off this idea.

Did my wife's notebook after the inspiration.

Very cool. Fantastic job Malkin.

ratchet

looks great..... amazing even.

Wrapped a buddy's laptop in CF Di-Noc a while back, and I've done mine in a print... but I would have never dreamed of covering the keys like that :notworthy: