• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping behind rear bumpers (problem area)

HulkSmash

We have pretty much stopped all together doing non business work. It's just a giant hassle.
I had a guy come in last month, we we did strips on his RV that were old. One part of the RV where we were doing strips had some paint removed.. so we just wrapped over it.

the guy came in FUMING because we didn't go the extra mile to fill his paint chip and smooth it out so you couldn't see it under the wrap?

Seriously guy?? Does this look like a body shop? I don't have the time nor patience to deal with that crap..

Patentagosse

I'm with you Colorado.

I'm doing PPF here on regular base along with car graphics. 90% of the customers are rolling in with brand new cars so we just install the protective film and roll out happy but the other day, a guy came in. I knew I've seen it before. He asked for PPF on the entire front end, including headlamps. The car was cleaned but I thought I've seen some minor bug splashes / dead bodies... OMG, it was stone chips. The car was silver so I had no choice to touch-up 'em all before applying the film otherwise they would be there for life. I did 53 spots. The guy came few months earlier for a price and decided to wait a li'l (he was probably broken) but when I let him know I worked over 30 min. to fill the holes, he didn't want to spit a buck in compensation for my time (I asked $35 for my labor). He said: "you told me $--- so here they are... you should have left 'em untouched or advised me". The client had left the car for the day and couldn't be reached because he was in a big meeting. I took the decision to do what I'd do for my own car knowing it would have looked better that way.

Ask me if I'll go the xtra mile again next time... I also prefer business works...

odshawaii

We also just trim around behind bumpers.... If they want it behind the bumper ends I'll tell them to bring the vehicle in with the bumper removed. Same as if they want it to go much at all between the cab and bed.... sure thing, remove the bed and bring it in. We will remove certain things at times like some lights but quite often bumper bolts are going to be rusted and very hard to break loose. I'm not in the business of removing heavy body parts from vehicles.

I agree with you Sight. Some bumpers have a thousand rusty bolts and is pain in the butt to remove.

Wrapping in between the cab and bed is also a troublesome area for us as well.