• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wrapping extreme corners.

altereddezignz

You can do it in layers if you are worried about something lining up. I try to keep overlays minimal because I don't want to have to worry about other pieces when I finish a wrap but overall I think they don't look out of place. And don't assume that vinyl will come off without damaging the wrap.

I have used Bad Wrap templates before. They are good for the most part. I usually design in illustrator and use a bad wrap template/picture of the vehicle as an overlay to see if my template is accurate and make adjustments as needed

I used photoshop b/c the template was designed for photoshop. I am used to illustrator b/c i have always done single color layered vinyl. As you can see from the green at the bottom of my design the tribal type brush has a jagged edge to it i guess b/c of the brush being scaled up. Need to learn template making for illustrator and do most of it there. Some stuff seems easier in photoshop than illustrator and the same the other way around lol.

Guess if your designing for a truck and need to scale it up to put it on a semi trailer illustrator would be perfect but would u still not run into the same issues with the background layers even if designed in illustrator?

Kwiksigns

wookie
i mean, how jagged is it? Is it noticeable from 5'? 10'? When you design in photoshop on a bad wrap template, the final output is 72dpi. maybe that is why

altereddezignz

i mean, how jagged is it? Is it noticeable from 5'? 10'? When you design in photoshop on a bad wrap template, the final output is 72dpi. maybe that is why
Id say for sure under 5 ft. I have talked to a bunch of people now who use bad wraps and print at 72 DPi and swear by the output quality of the prints. I can say from the one that i did i can tell that the output is amazing. I went back an dlooked at my origional file when it is at the 720dpi setting before being scaled and it is jagged there also so i think it was just my brush that i used. So it was not a scaling issue but a dumb mistake on my end.

So if your not using bad wrap how are you making the template the correct size for your design? That and if you create a file are you making it small scale 720 dpi design or designing at full scale?