Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrapping truck in just black vinyl?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by bayviewsignworks, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Customer want to wrap their vehicle in black vinyl (intead of paint it), and also have the grahics in print as well. Most of the vehicle will not have much graphics. Should we just print black/laminate and apply? I know there is black wrap but it's wicked expensive. We have a VP-300.

Tags:
  2. luggnut

luggnut Very Active Member

painting a vehicle black seems to me to be easier and less expensive than wrapping. i get people asking about just wrapping there car in one color and i would still have to charge for all the labor of the install, so it always comes out better to just have it painted.

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Would be cheaper to paint it. If they are still wanting vinyl use 3M black vinyl, no printing needed, a 50 yard roll is only $300 or so.

4. Thanks guys. Maybe he'll end up painting, but we'll price it out.

5. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i had a customer that wanted that and after i gave him the price he said he wasn't paying that much
    it is so much cheaper to get it painted
    not sure what they are thinking