• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping truck in just black vinyl?

bayviewsignworks

Customer want to wrap their vehicle in black vinyl (intead of paint it), and also have the grahics in print as well. Most of the vehicle will not have much graphics. Should we just print black/laminate and apply? I know there is black wrap but it's wicked expensive. We have a VP-300.

luggnut

painting a vehicle black seems to me to be easier and less expensive than wrapping. i get people asking about just wrapping there car in one color and i would still have to charge for all the labor of the install, so it always comes out better to just have it painted.

Mosh

Would be cheaper to paint it. If they are still wanting vinyl use 3M black vinyl, no printing needed, a 50 yard roll is only $300 or so.

petepaz

i had a customer that wanted that and after i gave him the price he said he wasn't paying that much
it is so much cheaper to get it painted
not sure what they are thinking