• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrapping with calendered

strypguy

I've had good success with 3M IJ40 and cast lam for flat surface projects in the past. I regularly use the 3751RA with 290G lam for nearly all my vehicle work. I think for me it's about a $100 diff between the 3M IJ40 and the oracal 3751RA for my 30" printer. When you consider that on a 150' roll it's not something to get to excited about.
I learned the hard way as many have. Just use the right product for the job and everyone wins.
If a customer wants cheap consider the costs of your name associated with a botched job....Not worth it.
I agee, always educate the customer on what they are buying and why there are cost differences.
John

ORAFOL Americas

Merchant Member
3751RA is a Cast Material

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to clarify since there is some false information posted earlier in this thread. I know it has already been sorted out, but just so you can hear it from the source. ORAJET 3751RA is a cast material specifically designed for vehicle wraps. 3551RA is an ultra-calendered material with RapidAir Technology that can be used for vehicle graphics requiring limited conformability (such as the project in question).