• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wrecker service truck lettering

Jillbeans

Of your last set...
Top right. But use all Chesham Sans for the subcopy, and make the area code the same size as the other numbers.
I do like the angled line underneath the one (without looking back bottom left) but feel it emphasizes "Inc" too much.
City name might be in the same script as the name but do the state N.C.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Lotta good insight and advice on this one, so far.

Something, which is maybe just me, but is something I generally adhere to is simply...... I don't use a casual script for a main name. To me, it just doesn't broadcast confidence. Casuals and casual scripts are for very UNimportant copy or race cars. The words.... call, featuring, now, specializing and other non-descript items are fine for this.

While it's never good to use so many fonts in one idea, the use of so many italics is also not a good idea. Nothing appears to be able to stand upon its own......... it's all falling over. Anyway, that's what I see. Doesn't make it right or wrong, but just thought I'd share.

Marlene

the last versions, bottom left. I just like the top part with the name and line. it has a ton of special effects and looks pretty good. what makes it overly done is the rest. way too much going on. I really hate the "dial" as is may feel retro but it just looks stupid these days as we all know what to do with a phone number. it makes the bottom off balance. also not happy with the town name in script as it too clutters up everything and adds nothing to the design. I'd keep the top with all the special effects and then go simple with the info copy, just a nice clean sanserif font

I made the changes suggested in the last few posts, here are the final 4!

attachment.php

Thank you all for the help! I definitely learned a lot from this, I am looking forward to using everything I learned here in future designs. I will put up some pictures when the job is completed.

Attachments

• SECREST FINAL.jpg
    SECREST FINAL.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 123

Craig Sjoquist

Still like the action of bottom left, but phone from top right.

Also another tip to improve join the Monroe NC with the phone number bring them both closer to each, a possible solution is put name under phone closer, now you have 2 main messages instead of 3 separate & also with smaller trucks this can be easily tighten up instead of spread out.

Marlene

bottom left. nice and clean. the top can stand alone if needed, the bottom with the info easy to read

I lettered 3 trucks today using this new design, so I figured I would post some pictures and say thank you again to everyone for all of the help. I ended up giving the customer the final designs and they settled on what is pictured below. It is all Edge printed on Oralite 5600 and laminated with 290 GF.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1754.jpg
    IMG_1754.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image-3327402915.jpg
    image-3327402915.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 139
  • image-1947272935.jpg
    image-1947272935.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 122

gnatt66

i like most of them. esp. the ones with wrecker service slanted along with the main copy and that angle thingy below. good stuff. awesome advice from everyone too.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
...was wondering how they turned out. They turned out really good.

Old Paint- that guy is very talented. Some nice work there for sure.

I was happy with how everything looked once it was on the trucks. Luckily Gerber transparent orange is really close to their orange paint! My phone wasn't taking very good pictures yesterday apparently, I just noticed they are blurry. Here is a close up of the finalized logo:

image-2282161315.jpg

It's hard to believe a 20 year old Edge LE "dinosaur" can put out prints that look so nice.

jaylem

way to take the advise

Everything sure has gone the right direction in your design. Bottom left looks great! Meets the fundamentals and doesnt violate any rules of design that come to mind. I think Jill is spot on with her analysis off the phone number layout. Changing the font size and position of the area code makes the it look very unbalanced. Also not a fan of "dial". I think it is unnecessary. When you display a phone number your are essentially telling them to dial the number with out spelling it out.

Billct2

The final product came out nice.
As for that website of airbrushed wreckers it's like comparing apples to oranges, when that client wants to spend more on lettering one trcuk than he now spend son his whole fleet maybe those designs may come in to play.