• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF? ...is this really a National holiday ..TODAY?

iSign

arrrggghhh....

celebrations are fine, but damnnnn... stopping this industrial nation in it's tracks... the day after the dang holiday?

how did I not see this coming... bunch of pansies :banghead:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
eh? you mean you're not taking Tuesday off, as well... ?

A friend of mine from South Africa told me recently that Europeans and North Americans are afflicted with the disease of busy-ness... that even our leisure is fraught with activity, noise and distraction.

He said we simply have not learned how to really quietly relax and I think he is on to something.

Sooooooo.... isign... (don't take this the wrong way):

Sit down, shut up and relax...!

shakey0818

Federal law (5 U.S.C. 6103) establishes the following public holidays for Federal employees. Please note that most Federal employees work on a Monday through Friday schedule. For these employees, when a holiday falls on a non-workday -- Saturday or Sunday -- the holiday usually is observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).

I think the day after x-mas should be back to business as usual.Just my 2 cents.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Yea well...I gave my employees off Friday Because I didnt want to hear..."Can we all go home early today??" OMG....no theres stuff to do!
So, problem solved....OFF on Friday and today is just another Monday! Quiet on the phones...But getting lots of printing done. Though it does seem the magic hand touched my computer and a main drive is dying or the MOBO is flaking out. Tonite I'll be rebuilding my RIP system.

SignManiac

Just putting the final touches on a sign so I can meet an install deadline for tomorrow. I gave all the employees off today, so it's peaceful for me. A rare treat.

iSign

yeah... a half a day off waiting for my welder & painter & metals supplier to get the hell back to work...

I can meditate with the best of em... WHEN MY WORK IS DONE...

...WHICH IT AIN'T :Big Laugh

Dave Rowland

the majority of the UK is not working today or they are in shops dealing with boxing day sales... oddly enough, i am at work but we are in shutdown until Jan. I am profiling lol

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i shut everything down until 2012, time to escape capitalism and enjoy life with the family if only for a week...

Craig Sjoquist

Worked Thursday ... Friday-Sunday nothing ...was at the beach today somebody wanted a sign so I'll have it done ready for pick up later.

iSign

I made it to the beach for a swim & a few walks yesterday, as well as doing some feasting... but then I came to the shop late & started getting an important aluminum sign post fabrication job ready for priming & spraying an automotive finish, followed by some complex redwood cladding I want to get started on...

This is the tail end of phase one of a career high contract, and suddenly I learned that the property owner will be here in 10 days & the low pressure, island style relaxed pace just gave way to a desire for the multi-millionaire, show-me-results pace...

oh well... maybe it's time I try to teach the multi-millionaire to "Sit down, shut up and relax...!"

...nah, maybe after I get my cut of his coin!

POSTPOST.JPG

(by the way, I want to give thanks to Rick, who was the greatest resource at many junctures in this challenging project)