• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTF? ...is this really a National holiday ..TODAY?

iSign

wait... I know what... maybe the electric company finally got the temporary power pole out of the way for my 2 sided sign to go up in front of the islands newest burger joint!!!

(Special thanks to Tikiboyz, who I just knew would be the right guy to sub out the tiki drawing part of this logo I designed)

tikisign2.JPG

(the sign will be installed 8' up on 4x6 posts... this short spindly sticks are just so I can lean it against the wall for now)

SignManiac

Doug it's nice to see you working on some really high end projects!!! And congrats on the career high contract. I just received my biggest one also, to start on after the first of the year.

Love the Johnny B's sign! Really nice design...

Dave Rowland

if i showed you the thread on the UK sign forum... it's mainly people winding down and taking a break!!

don't u lot in america celebrate?

iSign

I take two weeks off when snow, family members & MY schedule all converge... sometimes it's around Christmas, sometimes it's not...

officially, the American workforce takes ONE day off for Christmas... I just didn't know it was today!

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I give my Production manager off Christmas week and week of July 4th. Always good weeks for him to take vacation and easier for me to plan out the fact my right hand isnt going to be in. I wish it had snowed here in NJ....no such luck this year.

Jillbeans

From what I know about the UK, today is boxing day and tomorrow's a bank holiday.
And most shops take off the whole week anyway.
I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow at my "real" job.
It was sooo nice to have a day off today.
Nice sign, btw.
Love....Jill

iSign

oh brother...

NEW YEARS EVE: PARTY!!!
JANUARY FIRST: RECOVER!!

...WHAT, NOW THEY WANT TO CALL JANUARY SECOND NEW YEARS DAY...

what a waste... :Big Laugh

Steve C.

Holidays on Sunday always mean Mondays off, I thought it was understood.
BTW, thanks for the link Doug. Big fan of The Rings trilogy and the Hobbit. I'm
reading the book again in anticipation of the movie...can't wait. Hear it will be
a in two parts.

W

www.esigns.com

Isign you crack me up. As long as you are complaining I know you are ok. Happy New Year my friend.

dan@esigns.com

Last edited by a moderator:

visual800

You know damn well the state and the feds aint gonna miss a holiday and god forbid a damn holiday land on the weekend they will have to take off and make up for it. That is just about the most worthless POS folks I know

My mom always told me to get a state job was I was floundering around at a young age, I belive that would have killed me for life lol

CES020

if i showed you the thread on the UK sign forum... it's mainly people winding down and taking a break!!

don't u lot in america celebrate?

We'd love to, but unfortunately the USA is full of corporations run by complete morons that propose budgets for the year, then they wait until December 1st each year to decide "Crap, I've got money left in my budget. If I don't spend it, they'll cut that much out of my budget next year, so I MUST spent it immediately or my boss will cut it from my budget next year, and the work needs to be done by the end of the year or I'm going to look like I pulled numbers out of thin air for my budget", so we end up getting calls to do stupid amounts of work in stupid amounts of time for stupid amounts of money.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh.... just do as you want or see fit. If ya have a lota work, then work. If you're slow, take off and relax. If ya wanna go in and clean up the shop or tidy things up a little bit.... go ahead, but for me... I look for any excuse I can to get outa work.

I partied from Friday afternoon until last night. I needed time for my stomach to settle down after all the frickin' crap I put through it for four days, so I slept an extra hour this morning.

Good thing is, we have a party Thursday night, party Friday night...... some big doings for New Year's Eve [Cirque du Soleil], fireworks at midnight, New Year's Day feasting and we're [the two of us] gonna just hang out Monday and recuperate and sit in the hot tub drinking champagne and eating fattening food all day long. Next week will only be a 4 day week again and then it's back to the grindstone for a long time..... at least til the following weekend. :toasting:

Happy New Year !! :bushmill:

artbot

@oldgoatroper i read somewhere that the average work week in south korea was around 80 hours. i do about 100. the harder you work, the more seriously your commercial clients will take you. just days before christmas i received $35,000 in orders (two projects i am a 1.5 man shop ...me and a part time sub so that is big). i was getting texts from my part time guy (who i allowed to tote a truck full of tools back to his garage) at 1am confirming sizes etc.

i am ashamed at how lazy this country is getting. once i needed some custom hardware stamped by a local metal shop and they told me "well we are closed on friday." (then proudly she boasts) "...we work a 4/10 week." i thought... "okay, that's awful. you take three days off a week? i work a 7/14!" 40 hours a week is part time. even the bible explains a work week to be 72 hours. pitiful.

here's one of the projects that has to be done by january 12.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alldredge/sets/72157628463296655/