• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

www.magicjack.com

QuickSignsSA

Anyone heard of this? I just ordered mine. Should be here within 3-5 days.

I currently have skype to call all land lines and cell phones in canada and usa for 30 dollars a year, unlimited calling, you cant beat it!

Just seeing if anyone would tell me their experience, if not, a way to save a HELL of a lot of money.

40 dollars first year (jack and service) for unlimited calling all over usa and canada, and 20 dollars a year there after. My main concern was fax and using my credit card terminal...

Other than that, I'm calling grande communications right now to cancel my phone!

Just internet now baby!!!

P

ProWraps™

let me know how it works. ive seen several different commercials for the same kind of product. seems like a good deal. just a cheap VOIP service that works with regular phones via a usb interface.

ChiknNutz

I almost ordered one a couple months ago, but then did some Googling to see if the hype was all that. I got a lot of mixed reviews on it, and most seemed to be more negative than not. A few things I reacall: Nearly non-existent support (no phone number at all at that time); spotty service...sometimes works, sometimes doesn't; widely varied experiences from pretty good to worthless.

So, $40 a year may be cheap, but not if it doesn't work at all for you.

I opted to save my $40 for the time being.

Craig Sjoquist

has cell phone ....592sign

computer has skype ...costs .1 min ...

a friend is switching to the ....magic jack .....from a ATT
and going also cable

totalimage

We have AT&T But we also have 5 cell phones. We pay $500.00 a month on phones. I was talking to a customer about this and he has vonage and swears by it. Does anyone have it on this board ? If so how do you like it???

WILLIAMS

junk! no luck with it here. it was easy to set up, plug & play, but the sound quality was very poor & a lot of dropped calls.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
I've had a Majic Jack or several months now. I think there great, with one brother in central N.Y and another brother in Alaska It's really cool to sit on my back deck here in Florida and talk to them. Voice sounds pretty good, I noticed there was a small delay when talking to Alaska but it's real easy to get used to. Also I recently switched from DSL to cable at home so now my broadband is about five times faster and maybe there won't be the delay.

Border

A++ for VONAGE

I've had Vonage for almost a year now and love it. The bill does not vary month to month and it works with my fax, my credit card machine and I also have toll free number through them for my website traffic.

People leave a voice mail and you can opt to have it sent directly to your email account as a wav file. If it's important, then I can just save the wav file in the customer's file folder for future reference.

caller id, call forwarding..... all that works great and you can go online and tweak all your preferences real easy.

PS... sound quality is just as good as it was with my old land line!

ChiknNutz

I looked up the GrandCentral bit, but don't really get how it is all that useful since all it really seems to be is an elaborate forwarding service. It doesn't place a phone line at your home or business...just not sure if it would be very useful to me at all....currently doesn't appear to be based on what I read about it.

ChiknNutz

Would love to get Vonage but we can only get DSL here, no cable, and to get just a DSL line it has to be a "dry loop" they call it...which is more $$$. When the extra cost of the DSL is added to Vonage, it's a marginal savings from what I could tell. I think they want about $100/mo for a "business" dry-loop DSL line...f'n BS it's all the same, but they put the screws to you when it is a "Business" Same with our natural gas...they charge a minimum $30 basic fee (on top of everything else of course) for business but charge $10 for residential....exactly same company.

Bradster941

they put the screws to you when it is a "Business" Same with our natural gas...they charge a minimum $30 basic fee (on top of everything else of course) for business but charge $10 for residential....exactly same company.

That is BS. I could almost see the phone company charging more for a business line because you get a Yellow Page Listing, but the gas company is offering no additional benefit.

This a good topic, so, for those of you using an IP service, do you have a local phone number? What about a phone book listing? If so, how much for the listing is it costing you?

QuickSignsSA

I currently have my local number through skype. Whats cool is it doesnt just assign you one, You get to pick from a list, and i tried to pick the catchiest one... 30 dollars a year.

VinylCraft

internet phone

junk! no luck with it here. it was easy to set up, plug & play, but the sound quality was very poor & a lot of dropped calls.

Great idea i have one works flawlessly on broadband but sucks on wi-fi I think it need to be perfected

Bought mine at RadioShack

PSG

Currently with Majic Jack you cannot port an existing Phone Number to their service, you will be assigned a new one at random for your calling area. It is supposed to be something that Majic jack will be capable of doing in the future however (according to their website).
With Vonage you can port your current number, land or cell, to its service.

Majic Jack = $40 year one, $20 each year after.
Vonage = $20-$25 dollars per month