• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

www.magicjack.com

signsandsuch

magic jack

We just got magic jack, it will not work for c/c machine or on fax machine.
These are the 2 things we got it for. Anyone know of a way to make it work?

Blazingsun

We have AT&T But we also have 5 cell phones. We pay $500.00 a month on phones. I was talking to a customer about this and he has vonage and swears by it. Does anyone have it on this board ? If so how do you like it???

We Use Vonage, for Office lines and Fax Numbers works great No issues

JimJenson

We just got magic jack, it will not work for c/c machine or on fax machine.
These are the 2 things we got it for. Anyone know of a way to make it work?

Not compatible with my alarm system.

I had limited success with faxing, but ended up flipping for the 7 bucks a month for smartfax.com. You can send by fax (a scanned page) and receive (PDF via email) faxes through this service.

I now use a MJ for a primary telephone in my office, a secondary at home, and another for my oldest my sons use.

My experience after a year is reliability and quality of connection is 100% dependent upon the speed of your internet provider.

JimJenson

Can your existing number be transfered to the Magicjack? Doesn't say anywhere on their website.

You can select a number for another 10 bucks a year. They have software on the signup screen which lets you try various combination's like 954-954-SIGNS.

The last MJ I registered would not allow porting an existing number.

Rooster

Be wary about the magicjack.

Mine worked great for the first few weeks and then the service fell off dramatically. It became unusable after 6 weeks it was so bad. Good luck trying to get any tech support or reaching someone for actual assistance.

Now skype on the other hand has been working fantastic.

artist4christ

Anyone heard of this? I just ordered mine. Should be here within 3-5 days.

I currently have skype to call all land lines and cell phones in canada and usa for 30 dollars a year, unlimited calling, you cant beat it!

Just seeing if anyone would tell me their experience, if not, a way to save a HELL of a lot of money.

40 dollars first year (jack and service) for unlimited calling all over usa and canada, and 20 dollars a year there after. My main concern was fax and using my credit card terminal...

Other than that, I'm calling grande communications right now to cancel my phone!

Just internet now baby!!!

Be ready for an incredible amount of spam, everyone that I know that has used this business or personal has had issues with it.

Border

Old thread but I've had Vonage for well over a year now and it works great with my CC machine and the occasional fax I need to send. Haven't had my fax plugged in for over 2 years now. The only thing that was ever coming through on it was spam and was just wasting ink/ribbons and paper.

totalimage

We purchased the MJ 2 years ago and had problems, but for the most part $20.00 a year is great 2nd line. We just switched to ATT 6.0 and It works great now. Before we could not be on the MJ and go on the web, the calls would drop. Not no more...I would not use it as a primary line but as a backline is great..

i have had a couple people call me using mjak and the call quality is so poor that they have had to hang up and call me back using their cell phone, there very well may be more ppl calling me using mjack or similar services that i have no call issues with so i am unaware of what method they are using to call me with... but... one of these people everytime he calls me he places his initial call using mjak. every call makes me feel like i am livning that horrible movie groundhog day we repeat the same scene over and over every time...

~Ring ~ Ring ~Ring

me "hello"

caller "hey Hi SHUUUUZZZZ (my attempt to put the sound of bass like static into type) how are you you SHUUUZZZZ"

me "your call is seriously broken up i can barely make out what you are saying"

caller "huh? what do you mean, sounds fine on my end"
but on my end it sounds more like "h---uh? what do do you mean mean, sooooounds SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZ good good on my end end"

me " i'm telling you it's broken up, echoing and driving me nucking futs"

caller "huh" what do you mean, sounds good on my end"
but what i am hearing "huh huh (SHUUUUUUUZZZZZ) what do you mean mean, sooounds goo (SHUUUUUZZZ)d on my my end"... (SHUUUUUUZZZZ)

me -CLICK (that's me "ending" the call)

Ring ~ Ring ~ Ring

me "yes?"

caller "hey this is me on my cellphone"

me "uh huh"

caller " sorry about that happens everytime i call out on mjak"

me "uh huh"

caller " so i called you back on my cellphone"

me "uh huh....what can i do for you?"

caller "i can't remember"

me "ok i'm here if you need me, but please call me on another phone than the mjak"

caller " good idea, will do..thanks"

but EVERYTIME he calls me using the mjack. we go through this over and over again, this happens at least 3 times a week...ahhhhhh....stop the insanity. when you read this post (the caller is a regular poster here) Please i'm really not trying to be a Richard, but PLEASE it hasn't worked for months, ever.

thank you.