• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X5

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
X5 released... who's upgrading? I am staying with X4.

You might want to reconsider that decision. Historically Corel's even number releases have been merely cosmetic tweeking and the odd numbered releases have sported actual functional additions and upgrades. If you're going to skip releases you're better off to skip the even numbered releases.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Gonna wait and see how it runs on XP, still waiting for a few friends to tell me how Windows 7 is working on their Macs with Fusion... THEN I have an Adobe Premium Suite Upgrade and CadTools upgrade in a few months. I may need more work...

cgsigns_jamie

I usually get every upgrade but I might wait this one out. I've transitioned over to using Illustrator more and rarely use Corel anymore. I'll end up getting it eventually though, I hate getting the "This file was generated in a new version of Corel" message.

...still waiting for a few friends to tell me how Windows 7 is working on their Macs with Fusion... ..

Windows 7 runs great on Fusion 3.
I'm running 64bit Win7 Professional and I've allocated 8gb of memory to the virtual machine and it screams.

Craig Sjoquist

I've been waiting for this release ...I upgraded to X3 from #8 but did not buy disk ..do not do ... now my X3 is stuck on my desktop that does not work at present

since X4 was a good jump from X3 ... X5 should be great after a 2 year wait in X4

now the cash to get

jemmyell

X5 requires 1 GB RAM and SSE2 support in the CPU. To check this you can download a nifty freeware utility CPU-Z:

http://www.cpuid.com/

This will give you all sorts of info about your computer. I have a system at home that is only 40 MB short of the requirements and won't run X5 at all. My laptop works fine.

-James

jemmyell

X5 is a little finicky about hardware

Hi,

My ID is now showing 'Merchant Member' so I guess it's ok to discuss my software and X5. I make a CNC oriented DXF export tool for CorelDRAW V12, X3, X4 and X5. It is available at:

http://www.coreldrawtools.com and the eval copies of both the Standard and Professional versions are free to try.

Meanwhile, historically the very first release of a new version of CorelDRAW may be 'finicky'. X5 will be of immediate value to anyone who needs fully color managed prepress.

This, however is of no consequence if the app will not run!

Please tell me what CPU-Z reports on your computer, how much RAM you have and what other software you might have installed.

-James Leonard