• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X5

SignManiac

Hi, here is a thread on the CorelDRAW.com forums about the install issues some people are having:

http://coreldraw.com/forums/t/18418.aspx

I really shouldn't have to research install problems with new software. If it won't even install without problems, there's bound to be more serious things than that going on. Everyone is in such a hurry to rush things to market and we pay the price. It's getting real old after all these years and yes, I'm in a real pissy mood today!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SignManiac

For what it's worth. I shut down everything, rebooted, re-downloaded the trial, and now it's installing. Go figure.

jemmyell

Corrupted downloads are a possibility

I really shouldn't have to research install problems with new software. If it won't even install without problems, there's bound to be more serious things than that going on. Everyone is in such a hurry to rush things to market and we pay the price. It's getting real old after all these years and yes, I'm in a real pissy mood today!

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

There have been several reports of corrupted downloads, particularly from CNet. as eaddesigns notes everybody who has linked to X5 through unleashed has gotten good results:

http://www.unleash.com/

SignManiac

Messing with it now. Not overly impressed with the new icons, I prefer the look of X3 better but it takes time to adjust. I get tired of having to reconfigure all of my personal settings from every upgrade. I'll have to keep digging deeper to see if the improvements are really worth it or not. I've been really satisfied with X3 these last couple of years so Corel is going to be hard pressed to make a real impression on me.

Skye

Webinar

We watched a live webinar today held by corel introducing x5 and the new features.
2 things that stand out to us for time saving.

when saving a large file (and using a duel or quad core) you can still work while it is saving. you do not have to wait until the save is done.

when printing a large file (and using a duel or quad core) you can still work while is is spooling.

if these claims are true, we will save time everyday.

they will also have a youtube channel.
at the end of march they will be having a free webinar on colour management.

Techman

I plan on getting it only if it will export DFX files properly with out having to buy third party add ons. I do not feel like paying to upgrade the plug ins too..

In any event..
What does the pro version of DFX tools have over the standard version I've been testing.

As far as the odd even deal.. That is a long gone event. X3 is a real good version. X4 is even better. Lets see what x% will bring.

jemmyell

DXFTool Std and Pro

I plan on getting it only if it will export DFX files properly with out having to buy third party add ons. I do not feel like paying to upgrade the plug ins too..

In any event..
What does the pro version of DFX tools have over the standard version I've been testing.

As far as the odd even deal.. That is a long gone event. X3 is a real good version. X4 is even better. Lets see what x% will bring.

Hi,

The Pro Edition of the DXFTool adds two other export types, a Polyline with settable line lengths and a Polyarc which is a Polyline with ARC bulge parameters. If you are importing a DXF into any software that does not do endpoint linking then the Polyarc in the Pro Edition solves any issues with this. I have users on SolidWorks, PlasmaCAM, and Vectric products that use the Polyarc to save a great deal of time. The Pro Edition also has four types of circle optimization.

As to the Corel DXF, it is 'correct' per the AutoDESK DXF spec, it just doesn't work well for CNC! The LINE / ARC generator that I wrote for my CAD / CAM program, DragonCNC is the heart of the DXFTool.

In any event the DXFTool Standard Edition and Professional Edition are designed to peacefully coexist on the same computer, so why not just give the Pro edition a try?

BTW, I have been giving free upgrades since the Original V1 DXFTool to V1.6 of the Standard Edition. The Pro Edition is a new product and buyers will get free upgrades for that also. You can also upgrade to Pro from Std for the price differance. Extra licenses are 50% off once you have bought your first seat. You can also sell licenses to other people (my Instant Dealer program). My only requirement is that I have the email address of the person using each copy as I issue licenses direct. All my software is locked to individual computers but I have yet to find a reason not to reissue a license in a legitimate case (new computer or a reformatted hard disk).

Last edited:

jemmyell

10% off on X5

Hi,

Foster Coburn is offering a 10% discount through the end of February. I would caution anybody that wants X5 now to pre-order the boxed version. Corel will give you instant access to the download, but only the boxed version comes with the extra goodies like the fonts and those 2000 searchable vehicle templates.

http://www.unleash.com/news/

-James