• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xante Printers—Ink Usage and Printhead Replacement

sgrey

For those who have a Xante X24 or larger, what is your experience with the printhead and inks. The specs indicate the printheads have a lifespan of six months. Are you finding this to be the case? Is it a function of the amount of usage? Or are they smart printheads that automatically stop working at six months?

The inks are rated for two months after opening and have a life of one year from date of manufactures (I've seen other printers where the inks were rated as one year from opening). I'm sure that if you print a lot, there would be no issues. but I could see where you might not be printing a lot of white ink (which I'm sure is the most temperamental) for a time.

Mainly wondering what to expect.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If you bought a Xante, I am sorry. Heads can last longer if treated well and probably to use fresh US made ink (less time in hot shipping environments, the better). Just make sure the ink is rated for an XP600 head. If getting heads, get them from Digiprint, they're WAY cheaper. Same with all of Xante's parts. They're just Hoson kit printers that they charge 5x the value of, but they do a decent job of printing.

Not hard to empty and flush ink bottles as needed, or on a 6-12 month cycle.

The head that I use when servicing these printers, including Xante.

sgrey

If you bought a Xante, I am sorry. Heads can last longer if treated well and probably to use fresh US made ink (less time in hot shipping environments, the better). Just make sure the ink is rated for an XP600 head. If getting heads, get them from Digiprint, they're WAY cheaper. Same with all of Xante's parts. They're just Hoson kit printers that they charge 5x the value of, but they do a decent job of printing.

Not hard to empty and flush ink bottles as needed, or on a 6-12 month cycle.

The head that I use when servicing these printers, including Xante.

Thanks. We haven't purchased one, yet. Still looking at options. What don't you like about it?

Personally, I like the LogoJet for the 36 inch size. And we could not fit (or probably afford) the 4x8 version at our office. But we might be looking at something more like the 55 inch version.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If you got room, snag a Mimaki jfx200 on the used market. Though, they have a bit of a footprint. For smaller, but still fast units, the UJF-6042 Mkii is pretty nice. 4 industrial 2 channel heads.