• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XaraX Software ... Opinions?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I got an email offer from Xara a few days ago offering a sale price of their vector design application XaraX for $79. It is regularly $179.

I spent the last couple of days playing with it and viewing a huge number of training and demonstration movies they have available as well ... and I'd have to say that while it won't replace my Omega and Flexi, it does do some useful and unique things very well. So I'm thinking, at that price, it will be a worthwhile addition to my toolbox. In particular for designing web graphics and for preparing images for Edge printing.

Opinions? Anyone using it?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's an example of a quick special effect.

1. Set text on path and adjust kerning.
2. Duplicate the text.
3. Change color and apply bevel effect.
4. Export bevel as JPG and unbeveled as AI
5. Import both files into Omega, assign AI as cut only, assign halftone type and lpi to bevel, justify on both center axes.

Ready to print and cut in under 10 minutes.

Attachments

• ttxara.jpg
    ttxara.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 143
  • ttomega.jpg
    ttomega.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 140

iSign

Looks good Fred, I'm downloading the trial right now. Do you know if that special offer can be found on-line?

I did a search for XaraX $79 but only found the option to buy it for the full $179

OldPaint

i got XARA 2.0 and ive played with XARA X.
this is a very good little graphics program. corel thought it was great and told the company how they was gona take XARA under theri wing and help them market it as long as corel can have access to their code!!! wala COREL V 8.0 was born....with most of the neat stuff that XARA had designed. after that corel droped em.....to fend for them selfs. all versions of corel from 9 to 12 is loaded with XARA code and features. did anyone notice how much faster corel 8 was then 7 or less versions? the color fade, thats XARA...and a lot of other things from XARA make corel better.
as a stand alone program.....its good but i dont think $179 good.
if your lookin for lesser know good programs try ARTS $ LETTERS EXPRESS 7.0...tons of clipart...it will cut to plotter........and i think its $99 or $149.

Techman

One of the most underappreciated softs around. Its great.
I used to use it all the time before i got cocut..
Oh well. time to fire it up again and play around some..
It looks like it would be good to sue again with my Encad printers..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Doug Allan said:
Looks good Fred, I'm downloading the trial right now. Do you know if that special offer can be found on-line?

I did a search for XaraX $79 but only found the option to buy it for the full $179

I own a license to their Webstyle application which is why I got the special offer:

Even better, as an existing owner of Webstyle you can save $100 - ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS - on the purchase price of Xara X¹! Take advantage of this customer loyalty discount by ordering before 15th June 2005.

You might try contacting them and tell them you heard about the offer and wonder how you might be able to take advantage of it. They might respond with something worthwhile.