• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 inks on banner material scuffing & scratching!?!?!?

wabam

We have tried about 3 different brands of banner material, longer drying times (the whole weekend), adjusted the heat both ways and STILL we are getting scuffs & scratches, especially in dark colors! Anybody else had problems like this? Suggestions for curing this headache??? Any help would be appreciated.

petepaz

scuff and scratches?
do you mean head strikes or is the material getting scratched after it's passed the dryer?

2B

What size (width) are you using? are you using all of the wheels on the material in the middle? and the edge curl guards?

petepaz

i have found on a new roll or a heavy roll i have to pull material out from the roll as it prints because if it pulls on the heavy roll it will bunch up and cause a head strike.

wabam

Thanks, I will try the head height... No headstrikes or problems with material curling, using all rollers and edge guards.

After the print is done.... Looks perfectly great but, if you brush your hand across it... the ink scuffs and leaves a mark on the print. It will scratch completely off if you use your finger nails. I have tried every heat setting, several brands of material and several profiles and still can't figure it out. We have to handle them to sew them and they are used in a retail setting so they get handled a lot.