Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xc-540 inks on banner material scuffing & scratching!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by wabam, Nov 11, 2013.

1. wabam

wabam Member

Aug 20, 2007
    We have tried about 3 different brands of banner material, longer drying times (the whole weekend), adjusted the heat both ways and STILL we are getting scuffs & scratches, especially in dark colors! Anybody else had problems like this? Suggestions for curing this headache??? Any help would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. wabam

wabam Member

Aug 20, 2007
    We are and always have used Roland inks by the way :banghead:

3. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    head height

Your print head in the up position?

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    scuff and scratches?
    do you mean head strikes or is the material getting scratched after it's passed the dryer?

5. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    What size (width) are you using? are you using all of the wheels on the material in the middle? and the edge curl guards?

6. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    i have found on a new roll or a heavy roll i have to pull material out from the roll as it prints because if it pulls on the heavy roll it will bunch up and cause a head strike.

7. wabam

wabam Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Thanks, I will try the head height... No headstrikes or problems with material curling, using all rollers and edge guards.

After the print is done.... Looks perfectly great but, if you brush your hand across it... the ink scuffs and leaves a mark on the print. It will scratch completely off if you use your finger nails. I have tried every heat setting, several brands of material and several profiles and still can't figure it out. We have to handle them to sew them and they are used in a retail setting so they get handled a lot.