• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 magenta head failure

fishingcatlady

i have done all cleanings and replaced all caps. any suggestions as to why the magenta test pattern appears as if there is dirt/debris present?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• test print.pdf
    24.6 KB · Views: 166
  • test print.JPG
    test print.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 72

DravidDavid

Replace the damper and if that does not work, a head soak looks to be in order. How old is the head? Do you know how many dots it has fired?

Any electrical issues at your place recently?

fishingcatlady

thanks folks for the help. I will check the damper/filter. the print heads are less than 2 years old. haven't had any electrical issues in the shop. I don't know how many dots fired.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure that when you replaced the cap tops the ink is actually flowing through the waste system. You can take a syringe and hook it up to the tube that comes from the cap top and connects to the pump. If you pull the syringe down with the heads capped and no ink comes out, check the bottom of the head for built up ink that may be breaking the seal between the cap top and head.

petepaz

make sure that when you replaced the cap tops the ink is actually flowing through the waste system. You can take a syringe and hook it up to the tube that comes from the cap top and connects to the pump. If you pull the syringe down with the heads capped and no ink comes out, check the bottom of the head for built up ink that may be breaking the seal between the cap top and head.

+1 to this. We had an issue with our uv machine and the white wasn't working pro=perly and then it stopped completely, turned out the capping station was not aligned correctly so no ink would go through