• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 motherboard instalation with a peck tool.

lookinc

Hello, My name is Ben I have been printing with my xc-540 for about ten years so I know the machine very well. I recently had my network card fail on my machine, and unfortunately, it is part of the motherboard. Luckily I was able to get a backup of the motherboard parameters and latest firmware copied, so I ordered a new motherboard and installed it according to the manual, but have run into some trouble. I have a peck tool and intercon-net tool. I was able to get a ping to the printer and was able to use the pek tool to appear to install the firmware on the PC - it goes through the process and says done, but when I check the printer nothing happens; it just sits there with the IP address showing and says waiting. When I restart the machine I keep getting the ERROR: (sum error). I have wracked my brain and the internet for an answer but to no avail. Signs101 was a blank -- can anyone out there help me? I'm LOST here, is there some way to track the error? I have checked the dip switches; the battery is new; all the plug and ribbon connections were checked and rechecked; I have changed the IP address on the network connection to be different but nada. Thanks in advance for this group and your help.
  • Andy thank you for your help! I redid the steps numerous times I have followed the steps exactly yesterday also. I have the updated XC 540 manual. here is where I'm at I have the peck-4 tool and I'm able to find the network card bin file. I've then clicked on the upload firmware button and load the saved firmware.bin file. the pek tool then goes through what appears to be a normal process and successful upload it goes through the process of running the little scale with the blue blocks in it completely through till the end and then shows being DONE on the peck tool. when I go over to the printer screen it still says waiting with the IP address that I had set. Just to make sure that I followed the process correctly at that point I initialized the parameters like shown and I get the dreaded ( sum error). At this point I restart the printer thinking it could be a corrupt file I load a clean firmware update file 4.60 this time the printer beeps when I check the screen it shows DATA ERROR on it. I doth have the money after this terrible winter for a technician and I am totally frustrated. I also shut off the firewall and was doing this all as the administrator. Any other Ideas?

Joe House

Turn off all the power and let it rest for 5 minutes. Turn on the main power in the rear, but not in front. Try connecting with Peck tool and see if you can download a report. If so, proceed with uploading parameters. If not, check network, IP settings etc. Make sure that you have Type3 selected for the product in Peck tool.

Good Luck

lookinc

Turn off all the power and let it rest for 5 minutes. Turn on the main power in the rear, but not in front. Try connecting with Peck tool and see if you can download a report. If so, proceed with uploading parameters. If not, check network, IP settings etc. Make sure that you have Type3 selected for the product in Peck tool.

Good Luck
Hi, Joe thank you for the reply I will try the power rest. but as for the other things I have done several times. As I said this is a brand new motherboard I have saved the parameters file from the old motherboard. The newer firmware or the motherboard parameters saved will not load because of the pek tool not seeing the printer. I can ping the printer from the Cmd Prompt so I know the network card and IP are correct. thank you for the help.

woolly

just passing.. the manual says peck4 product type 3.... also separate instructions for a new board to be done first (think you done that)
but strange there is also a network card firmware upgrade shown and inst in the manual
just ideas best of luck

C5 Service&Repair

the peck tool will not work with all the leading zeros, both in the peck tool itself, and in your network settings of your pc/laptop.
So example is in your ipv4 settings of your network card, you want something like 192.168.1.10 for your computer's settings. Then your printer will be the same only with the last digit different, like 192.168.1.50
Then in the peck tool, when putting in the printer's ip, leave the leading zeros out again.

also double check the Subnet mask matches on the PC and printer, and leave the gateway blank on the printer.

Last edited:

Gilltheprinter

I have a SOLJET PROIII with a network problem that most likely will need then MAIN BOARD replace.... but at this time I do not have the tech PECK TOOL ..... where this software can be found????? Thank you in advance, I am anxious to get back in production mode.....