• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xc 540

turrbo

Dose anyone no what would be causing this? missing lines in the calibration feed test done same thing with 2 different heads now .

Attachments

• received_2272055789687063.jpeg
    received_2272055789687063.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 240
  • received_2272055803020395.jpeg
    received_2272055803020395.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

petepaz

yeah doesn't look too bad. you can do a head soak over night and then pull some ink in the morning. that might clean up the nozzles

turrbo

Prints are very bandy print calibration is hard as you can see it will miss complete lines of dots yet the head test print and the ink fill test look ok. Very different machine to my jv3

looks like your just missing a few in your nozzle check doesn't look too bad though. how are your prints coming out?

Hey Turrbo,

JasonMeisnerSTS asked a very important question when he posed how are the prints coming out. Although you have some missing nozzles (which suggest the head may be failing), the prints from the computer may look great (basically, the volume of ink used is masking the missing nozzles). However, if the prints from the computer are poor, then you need to get the nozzles restored to 100% function.

If the suggestions offered by the other posters do not help, and the cleaning routines that you normally perform do not bring back the nozzles (e.g. manual cleaning, powerful), then your machine will need service (and possible cap top, damper and head replacement). Please call your regional Roland dealer to discuss servicing.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

turrbo

problem turned out to be that 2 heads in the machine must be the old style and are not compatible with the newer machines