• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540

Patco

Anyone know why the cyan would look like that? New captop and dampers. After changing dampers the spots moved a bit but then went back to this position. Always the same side.

Pat

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_182650.jpg
    IMG_20200627_182650.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 198

Patco

Anyone know why the cyan would look like that? New captop and dampers. After changing dampers the spots moved a bit but then went back to this position. Always the same side.

Pat
Here's another shot of it.

Pat

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_164810.jpg
    IMG_20200705_164810.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 165

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
When I ran one, I used to take a piece of glass and squirt cleaning fluid on the glass. With the head in the maintenance position, push it against the heads and let it soak. That should loosen the clogged heads, but there may be some damage from head strikes. Deflected nozzles have a 50 50 chance of returning to normal. Make sure you use glass because the solvents will melt the plastic.

E Coloney

Are you using genuine Roland cap tops or knock offs? There's a huge price difference but the savings isn't worth the aggravation. Change the springs every so often too. I put a piece of white vinyl on the metal behind the print head carriage so I could see better to do the cap height adjustment.

Patco

When I ran one, I used to take a piece of glass and squirt cleaning fluid on the glass. With the head in the maintenance position, push it against the heads and let it soak. That should loosen the clogged heads, but there may be some damage from head strikes. Deflected nozzles have a 50 50 chance of returning to normal. Make sure you use glass because the solvents will melt the plastic.
Thank you! Those are clogged nozzles? I appreciate your input.

Pat

If you feel confident removed the damper on the cyan and magenta head and with a syringe push cleaning fluid gently through the head manifold to unclog the blocked nozzles. You could also clamp the waste ink lines coming from below the cap and then fill the cap with cleaning solution. If you then turn the machine off for approx 2 hours this will allow the head soak in the solution and hopefully unclog the nozzles. Hope that helps Patco

Patco

Thanks up north. I've had deflections in the past, but nothing like those two huge areas in the cyan.
Any idea why it is on the right half only? Does that represent half of the printhead?

Pat

petepaz

the XC is a work horse we have had ours for years but it does need some regular maintenance when stuff like that happens. i usually start with the cap tops. then dampers then a head soak over night after that a head might need to be replace but that i have to call a tech in to do.

Patco

the XC is a work horse we have had ours for years but it does need some regular maintenance when stuff like that happens. i usually start with the cap tops. then dampers then a head soak over night after that a head might need to be replace but that i have to call a tech in to do.
Thanks Pete, I appreciate it.

Pat

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Have you looked at the bottom of the cyan head? Check it for any evidence of damages, any marks of any kind. Also check for ink build-up on the head. Be sure your wipers are in good shape, as they will not clean ink build-up off the head very well if they're not clean and unworn.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Thanks up north. I've had deflections in the past, but nothing like those two huge areas in the cyan.
Any idea why it is on the right half only? Does that represent half of the printhead?

Pat
It looks like some clogged jets.
Do a few head soaks and make sure your caps are in good shape, not warped or swollen.
Also check and clean your cables. Could be an electrical issue.