Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XC540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Patco, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Anyone know why the cyan would look like that? New captop and dampers. After changing dampers the spots moved a bit but then went back to this position. Always the same side.

Pat

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Here's another shot of it.

Pat

Attached Files:

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

When I ran one, I used to take a piece of glass and squirt cleaning fluid on the glass. With the head in the maintenance position, push it against the heads and let it soak. That should loosen the clogged heads, but there may be some damage from head strikes. Deflected nozzles have a 50 50 chance of returning to normal. Make sure you use glass because the solvents will melt the plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  4. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Are you using genuine Roland cap tops or knock offs? There's a huge price difference but the savings isn't worth the aggravation. Change the springs every so often too. I put a piece of white vinyl on the metal behind the print head carriage so I could see better to do the cap height adjustment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Thank you! Those are clogged nozzles? I appreciate your input.

Pat

6. Mimaki repair up north

Mimaki repair up north New Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Newcastle upon tyne
    If you feel confident removed the damper on the cyan and magenta head and with a syringe push cleaning fluid gently through the head manifold to unclog the blocked nozzles. You could also clamp the waste ink lines coming from below the cap and then fill the cap with cleaning solution. If you then turn the machine off for approx 2 hours this will allow the head soak in the solution and hopefully unclog the nozzles. Hope that helps Patco

• Like Like x 1
  7. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Thanks up north. I've had deflections in the past, but nothing like those two huge areas in the cyan.
    Any idea why it is on the right half only? Does that represent half of the printhead?

Pat

8. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    the XC is a work horse we have had ours for years but it does need some regular maintenance when stuff like that happens. i usually start with the cap tops. then dampers then a head soak over night after that a head might need to be replace but that i have to call a tech in to do.

9. Patco

Patco Member

Apr 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Thanks Pete, I appreciate it.

Pat

10. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Have you looked at the bottom of the cyan head? Check it for any evidence of damages, any marks of any kind. Also check for ink build-up on the head. Be sure your wipers are in good shape, as they will not clean ink build-up off the head very well if they're not clean and unworn.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    It looks like some clogged jets.
    Do a few head soaks and make sure your caps are in good shape, not warped or swollen.
    Also check and clean your cables. Could be an electrical issue.