• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xerox phaser 8560MFP

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
I have a question for anyone that does printing on the side for their customers.

1.) we acquired a big xerox machine with a built in scanner. since the machine was very, very inexpensive, i would like to add printing for quick turnaround jobs.
What kind of card stock can this printer handle? What money making techniques have you all employed using this?

thanks
Christopher

Techman

the ink for this is on the high side. This phaser has trouble with 19 error codes. Dead heads. or a dead power system.
I would not keep a big inventory of supplies with it. It could last a decade but it could last just a little while.

I have a dead 8560 here. It ran great until it did what this printer is notorious for.

You want a DN configuration card for yours? Adds duplexing to printing. PM me is so.

It will print on coated wide format materials. it will print on postcard stock .

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
phaser

the phaser had a full service history.
there has been 12,000 pages created. it comes with plenty of ink except the yellow. the cubes are going for 20 buck a piece. should i get OEM or the fakes?

good to know on the postcards. the cost is less that 04 cents each for the printing part. i can't imagine getting cheaper than that...

its funny, i did not recognize the machine until after i fired it up.
my old boss had one.

that plastic trees smell.

mark galoob

i think you are barking up the wrong tree. the problem is not weather or not your printer will handle the paper you have...the problem is whether it will consistently handle the jobs you have without problems, all the while providing a high quality print...for that you need a production level of machine. unfortunately i have found no way around this. i have a production level machine and its rated to do very heavy paper...i still have the tech out at least once a week to tweek this or that.

Techman

should i get OEM or the fakes?

Never use fakes. Never,, Nope never ever., They will clog the heads guaranteed.

As for production?? I use them for all kinds of production work. Run them all day sometimes. They rated for that. The old 860's? i had three of them and ran them into the ground. The ink at $5 a block was so cheap with such a good print.

duty cycle ,, 85,000 images /month

Heavy card stock? You may/will need to run the manual tray. Some post card weighted stock will run fine some will not. Post card stock is .007 thick.