• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xposition Alarm???? Graphtec

jimbo

Scrap the Graphtec and buy yourself a Lynx 60 from Sign Warehouse. No poblems, we own 4 of them and I use the one Graphtec I have as a coat rack. Graphtec is the biggest piece of junk on the market. Good luck, you'll need to to fix all the errors you get everytime you use the Graph-wreck.
Hi Sign-Man . . . your old coat rack might make me a good backup machine . . . what model graphtec is in your way? . .
My guess is that feed speed might be setting off the alarm on the long 30-foot run . . . the only time I get that alarm is when I don't notice that I am near the end of the roll and the tape holding the last vinyl to the roll doesn't let go quickly enough. 30 feet is a long run in my shop, would cut it if I had the option. Good luck!
jim:thumb:

S

Sign-Man Signs

That would be much like selling a BMW and buying a Yugo. One can only ponder that you feel this way perhaps because you're not as smart as your equipment. It's common to feel as you do when this is the case.

Gee Bob, why the insults? Anytime I have to spend shop time re-adjusting a pos plotter is wasted time I can use making money on my Vinyl Express machines. Anytime you want to do a speed test on say maybe 150 yard roll of vinyl and see who finishes first, I'm there. I just took my coat rack Graph-Wreck out side and made a damn good speed bump out of it in my parking lot. Thanks for your input BOB, I'll file it for future reference.

"I never met a Bob that wasn't a Dick"....... John Wayne

Techman

Graph-Wreck out sid

Send me the parts. Ill put them to work turning the lemon into lemonade by doing something such as training a future technician on how to fix broken cutters.. I am serious.

Lasvegassigns

Speed is only set to 30 So it's already running pretty slow and it still does it. As far as letting out 30 Feet that is what I have been doing but it is just a pain in the but to have to do that.

This machine is supposed to be a production machine, it should have no problem pulling the vinyl by itself. If you have to let 30 feet out every time then what is the point on having the media rollers at all?

It just seems like a machine that is for production should be able to handle this.

Neil

You couldn't get your Graphtec to work well,
so you took it outside and ran it over with your Hummer.

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read here.

Although I think Bob's insulting remarks have been somewhat vindicated.

Please tell me you got a picture of the killing.
I wanna see a shot of you with one foot on the Hummer's bumper, grinning ear to ear, holding that Graphtec up like a trophy Bass.

3dsignco

This may be a little to late but I was experiencing a Similar problem on our new 7000 also and cured by turning on the auto feed in your Cutting Controller software and I set my feed at 5 ft since we do so many large runs. No Problem now with feed errors..

But I do have a question for any of you other die hard Graphtec users.. I have been using Summas for so long that I am a a lost on some of these things on the Graphtec.
1. What do the numbers on the Blade force stand for, are they Gram weight of the blade or are the just settings for whatever weight graphtec factory set.
2 Is the quality setting the same as smoothing or is something else.
3. Is anyone else running their GT on Signlab 7 with a Mutoh Printer and cutting from Print and Cut manager. And if you are how are you keeping your alignment points correct as it seems almost impossible for me to a print from the far right and keep the image on the mutoh so I have to do a center print then that throughs off the alignment points on the graphtec. (Hope this make sense.)

Neil

1. What do the numbers on the Blade force stand for, are they Gram weight of the blade or are the just settings for whatever weight graphtec factory set.

They're not grams like the Summa - they're more like "units of measurement". Just get used to using whichever setting is best for you.
Once the new blade has bed in you should be using around 18 for most vinyl and say 24 for laminated prints.

2 Is the quality setting the same as smoothing or is something else

I just use the default setting - works fine. Not sure why they even have it as an option.

3. Is anyone else running their GT on Signlab 7 with a Mutoh Printer and cutting from Print and Cut manager. And if you are how are you keeping your alignment points correct as it seems almost impossible for me to a print from the far right and keep the image on the mutoh so I have to do a center print then that throughs off the alignment points on the graphtec. (Hope this make sense.)

I Print & Cut from Signlab7.1 using my Roland printer and the FC7000-75.

Cadlink have recently updated the Graphtec driver so you can now use the cutter in GPGL mode instead of HPGL. The advantage is it now reads 4 reg marks instead of 3 and it scans them much faster. The ARMS sensor moves quickly to each reg mark.
It also supports segmented reg marks (multiple concurrent marks)

Be aware that the scaling is different with the GPGL driver - you need to go into the Graphtec menu and alter the scaling to 25% or else everything gets cut 4 times bigger!

The trick with the reg marks that Signlab generates is to be aware that you can move the image up on the Y axis (for a landscape print) and the reg marks will follow - BUT - you can't enter an X offset because the reg marks will stay at zero.
And it's vice-versa if your printing in portrait.

It's hard to explain - you'll have to try it and see. Draw a rectangle and put a contour line around it, then go into P&C preview and observe the reg marks. enter a Y offset and observe how they move with it. Then try an X offset and observe how they become seperated from the image!

This causes havoc when the cutter reads the reg marks and then stretches the co-ordinates of the contour to fit the marks.
It had me stumped for ages.

As you know, the cutter needs some margin for the rollers and then some for the Arms sensor to find the reg marks (about 3/4 inch in from the rollers).
When you print you need to enter say an inch offset to accomodate the necessary margin.
So if you're printing in landscape, enter Y offset to move it up from the bottom edge but don't enter an X offset! Signlab automatically generates a couple of extra lines which are printed to allow for the margin needed at the lead in and end of the print.

Happy days.

Ken

New FC7000-75 on the way...

Gotta pretty good deal ( I hope) on a demo unit out of Edmonton. $3K, free shipping, according to the dealer - it has not been used at all. 2 yr warranty.
Any Vista problems that I might encounter?
It should arrive this coming week, so I'm doing some reading here, searching the forums.
High Impact..you can expect some questions from me...
Thanks...Ken

Case

Ken, you should be fine with Vista... I run an FC7000 off of Vista with zero problems.... If you need help or want to know something about the Graphtec FC7000 let me know...

Case